• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello just found you

poo bear

Hello, my name's Marie. I'm 43, married, no kids - but 4 dogs, 8 cats, and 6 chickens!

I'd been diagnosed with PCOS 10 years ago, which is about the time that the weight really started to pile on.

Then 3 years ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so was put on Metformin to help both the diabetes and the PCOS.

A friend of mine had a gastric band fitted about 2 years ago, and has managed to lose 8 stone, which has really inspired me to go for gastric band surgery, mainly because no matter what I've tried to do to lose weight hasn't so far worked.

I went to my GP in June 2009 who referred me. After a lot of twoing and frowing up until December we didn't know what was happening as they'd lost my notes and letters from my GP. So I've now had to do 6 months with the dietician.

Now going back to my GP this week who can now refer me back to the gastric band panel, so I'm hoping that they'll approve me.

Found this site from Google while I was looking for more information. It seems to be packed with useful information (thank you!) although it's going to take me quite a while to read through it all!

Thanks,

Marie.

Hi Marie

You have definitely come to the right place if you are looking for support, advice and information.

Keep us informed on your wls journey xx

Hi Marie and welcome to this fab site.
So many people on here at all different stages of the weight loss surgery journey so make yourself at home x

Hi Marie, and welcome to the best source of wls information on the net :)

Any questions you could possibly imagine can be answered and you'll find yourself knowing a lot before you even get to see your surgeon...

Good luck with your journey xxxx

Welcome, I've been here a while and dont I have read everything yet.:cool:

Hi Marie,

Hope you enjoy it on here and get answers to all your questions :)

Welcome to the forum xxx

hi marie

welcome to the site

snap - we got the same health problems i was diagnosed with pcos a little over ten years ago and like you say the weight has ballooned nearly a stone a year since then , and also am on the lovely metformin for my diabetes - hoping to come off medication after my op .

you will find so much usefull info on this site - im sure im getting addicted !!!

good luck on your journey.

Back