• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band and Water

I am waiting to see Mr Super about having a gastric band and was wondering on how people are getting on with drinking water, when is it best to drink, before, during or after food?

hi claire drinking any fluids with a band is strictly forbidden with a meal you can drink 30 mins before and 30 mins after a meal but never with the food as it flushes it thro the pouch allowing more calories to be consumed which defeats the reasons for being banded in the 1st place, any other time you can drink freely.

i drink alot of water but as liz said never when i eat anytime iv forgetten and had some iv thrown it up as my pouch was to full i prefer to drink water befor a meal and have a cuppa half hour after

ask away claire !!!!

Hi Claire, the experienced banders have spoken and they are the one to listen to. I was told the exact same of 30 mins before and 30 mins after food. Ask away what ever you like as someone will always be willing to help. Good look on your wls journey xx Gaynor xx

Hiya
This is the hardest part of having the band fitted as far as I am concerned. I find it very difficult to not have a drink of water with my meal, but I am slowly stopping it because it does cause problems. I use the same guidelines as Liz, which is not to (well try in my case) drink 30 minutes before I eat, and not to eat till 30 minutes after. I seem to have a better handle of waiting the 30 minutes after than I do waiting the 30 minutes before (takes too much planning :p).
Regards

MNL :)

Back