• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hardest thing about my band!!

buglady

hi just wanted to share with you all what my hardest thing about having my band is and thats not being able to have a drink with my meal! i have always had a drink with my meal water it would be ,dr pepper zero, apple juice, what ever i can see why drinking with your band is no good for you as it helps the food slide down to your stomach quicker! I have to be honest since my op i have been sipping water during my meals as i still havnt adjusted to having a meal drink free, but tonight i thought i should start and boy what a difference it makes in being fuller for longer! I have been though,:) having trouble with a drink it has felt like air pockets between the food and mouthfull of drink this was starting to hurt and anoy me so i thought id try a drink free night and great no pain and fuller for longer alough i was thirsty!!

thats great that your ajusting to this and giving it a go, you may find that you will have a better weight loss as well xxx

Do you tend to drink a lot when you are not eating? I am terrible at drinking. I have just read this and realised I have not had a drink all day. Before the band I only ever had a drink at meal times. Now I can't drink at mealtime I am finding hard to remember. I have only just had my tea so I can't have a drink now for an hour. By then I will forget!!

I think I need to put an alarm on my phone to remind me lol

Hiya Buglady

I have this problem also, and asked in an earlier thread for some advice. The only way to overcome this is discipline. I have started to get better. What I do now is time 30 minutes after I have had something to eat, until I have a drink. Sometimes after that 30 minutes, I will have a drink, and other times, the feeling has gone. It does work, but you just have to keep reminding yourself. I enlisted the help of some work mates, and said that they are to tell me if they see me eating and drinking. One of my work mates told me today just as was about to put some mixed seeds into my mouth - "you've just had a drink", and I had, but the hand to mouth action was totally unconscious and I wasnt even aware that I was doing it. Just goes to show you we still have these things program into our brains without realising it.

Good luck in breaking the habit. I am getting there, and proud of my accomplishments so far. Keep up the good work:)

mnl

Do you tend to drink a lot when you are not eating? I am terrible at drinking. I have just read this and realised I have not had a drink all day. Before the band I only ever had a drink at meal times. Now I can't drink at mealtime I am finding hard to remember. I have only just had my tea so I can't have a drink now for an hour. By then I will forget!!

I think I need to put an alarm on my phone to remind me lol

hi sue, try always carrying a bottle of water around with you, i found this strange at 1st but now its just habbit, give it a try it will help xxx

I admit I was terrible for having a drink with my meal too, however now I only allow myself one small sip and thats it as comprimise lol good luck!
Clare x

Back