• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is my band still working

julieann

I'm hoping some of you can give me some advice because i'm on the verge of becoming completely paranoid about this band. I know that i am fairly near to target, and that i didn't have a huge amount to lose in the first place, but my weightloss has virtually come to a standstill. I had my third fill two and a half weeks ago which took my band to 5.75 mils, and apart from getting the piece of pineapple stuck last week my portion sizes are still the same, i can still eat most things including rice and pasta and i dont feel completely full after eating. I enjoy reading all of your posts on here and find the information valuable, but notice with most of you banders that your weightloss seems a lot more speedy and i am worrying that maybe i am eating too much, or being even more paranoid, is there a chance that you can develop a leakage so early after having it fitted. Sorry to rant on so much, but feeling a bit down about it all. julie:sigh:

When you have less to loose it can often take longer...don't ask why but it seems to be the case.

If you are still feeling hungry and able to eat pasta and rice, it sounds like another fill is needed. ;)

i agree caz, a small fill may be needed to fine tune the restriction to sweet spot, a fine tune fil will still allow you to eat pasta/rice but only in very small quantities.
upping the exercise levels also can help start to move the scales again.

liz x

Hi Julie, I'm sorry I can't offer advice as I'm not banded yet but listen to what Liz and Caz are saying as they know what they are talking about. I hope you get sorted soon but you have to be patient and work with your friend (THE BAND).Take care xx Gaynor xx

ive just had my first fill and they told me it takes at least 3 for the restriction to really set in, dont worry i freak out all the time that my band has slipped or ive eaten the wrong thing and messed it up. I had lost 23lbs mostly pre op diet and 2 week on fluids but have put back on nearly 7lbs so dont be disheartned it just takes a while id say after your next fill you'll start to see it, there is nothing wrong they would have found it by now if there was they deal with band everey day and when you go for a fill they check how much is in there so they would know if it is leaking. Im a bit impatient myself cos i want to see results but soon we'll be skinny and it will all be worth it!!!

ive just had my first fill and they told me it takes at least 3 for the restriction to really set in, dont worry i freak out all the time that my band has slipped or ive eaten the wrong thing and messed it up. I had lost 23lbs mostly pre op diet and 2 week on fluids but have put back on nearly 7lbs so dont be disheartned it just takes a while id say after your next fill you'll start to see it, there is nothing wrong they would have found it by now if there was they deal with band everey day and when you go for a fill they check how much is in there so they would know if it is leaking. Im a bit impatient myself cos i want to see results but soon we'll be skinny and it will all be worth it!!!

I posted a thread last night about going for a meal and the food getting stuck, and yes it is working, i have just had to learn the hard way!!!!!

Back