• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band first appointment yippee!!!

baby jayne

Hi All

I'm of yeyyyy heyyy:bliss::wee::party0049::greenapple:

Sorry got carried away!

I have my first appointment at Spire on 21st Feb to meet with the Bariatric Nurse at a forum that is a requirement before meeting Mr Ammouri.

Has anyone else attended this and what can I expect?
Apparently I will also have a health check and advice on Gastric Band Surgery.

I now feel like I am on my journey after reading all your diarys and advice for soooo long (slight exaggeration) but I really am grateful for all the help and advice I have had on here of all you lovely people.:thankyou:

good luck hun x

Hi All

I'm of yeyyyy heyyy:bliss::wee::party0049::greenapple:

Sorry got carried away!

I have my first appointment at Spire on 21st Feb to meet with the Bariatric Nurse at a forum that is a requirement before meeting Mr Ammouri.

Has anyone else attended this and what can I expect?
Apparently I will also have a health check and advice on Gastric Band Surgery.

I now feel like I am on my journey after reading all your diarys and advice for soooo long (slight exaggeration) but I really am grateful for all the help and advice I have had on here of all you lovely people.:thankyou:

:party0011:That's wonderful news! :party0011:I'm not surprised that you got a little giddy!
How long has the journey for you taken so far (referral, funding, appointments etc)?

Lx

Thats great news, wont be long now and you will join the losing team

Thanks to you all for all your kind replys.

I have been looking into WLS for approx 2 years now...probably more. I actually went to my doctors over a year ago but was refered to Weight Management Clinic, which was a waste of time.
I then went in October to ask if I could apply through the PCT for funding. The doctor supported me, but because I do not have a BMI of 40 or more and no Comorbilitys I was refused. The Doctor let me apply on the grounds of Morbid Obesity in the family along with heart disease and diabetes to.
I therefore had to go private...so now my journey begins with my first step on the 21st meeting the nurse and attending a forum.
Then it will be the surgeon Mr Amouri and surgery in April hopefully.

I am going to be really nervous once it's booked and paid for. But not enough to cancel it.

Any advice appreciated xxxxx

Meant to ask when you had your dates in sight did you all eat for England so to speak because you can see light at the end of the tunnel? ( I am so gready this week)

I have ate more than normal lately and think it's because I am going to be restricted from fluid liver shrink diet and forever after!!

Hi, I'm having my surgery on the 12th Feb and know what you mean regarding wanting to eat like mad - I'm struggling to stick to the pre op diet of slimfast and yoghurt particularly in the evening when I always get the munchies.

Hi Its great news. I had Mr Ammori too. He is great, very down to earth and friendly but professional with it. Your in the right hands. Dont worry about the forum, you will breeze through it. Good luck for you wls journey. Take Care R x

Back