• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band help needed please

sheldon2113

hello all,
i had a gastric band fitted last oct i am very happy with it but feel it needs to be tightened again
does anyone know how much fluid a band can hold as mine in at 5.25ml dont know if different size bands/ different fluid intakes?? i had lost 2 1/4 stone within 8-9 weeks then xmas came,
bad time :cry:, it was easy to eat the high cal foods in small quantities so i think i put some on if not then stayed the same i only weigh at the hospital..and not due back until end march
if anyone out there knows more info or where i can get a little advise then please pass it on:(
thankyou
shel :)

Hey Shel,

I didnt want to read and run and hopefully, someone post-op will be along soon.

All i can say is ask your consultant or the team that gave you, your band..

There are many different sized bands.. so not everyone has the same size, its best to ask your surgeons team..

Marie x

hi Marie
thanks for getting back to me i think i will have to call them as i can eat a large protion of food as long as it is wet/moist still struggle if not ...i need to tell the body to eat dry food then maybe i will start loosing weight more quickly i have always enjoyed lots of gravy and sauces ...maybe im doomed ....
good luck with your weight and hope that you get what ever surgery or support you need
thanks again
shel x

My band is 10ml. Wet/moist food always goes down much easier. If you eat more dry foods your weight will drop much more quickly. Its hard being winter and we all love stews and chunky soups for winter warmers. good luck for your weight loss journey. R x

Hi Shel, its me Julie lol, welcome to the site!

Look out for Candie or 2bandsliz they are two banders that spring to mind who could offer you advice....

Good luck xx

Back