• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band is looming

bungalow_bill

Richard

Thanks very much for your words. One of the things I learned at weight management was that fat people sometimes have a tendency to overdramatise. That is certainly me - everything is a disaster, and all is lost as soon as I have one small setback.

But I've managed to get back on track the last couple of days, and beginning to feel very excited about the op. Really struggling with the hunger now, but just tomorrow to go, then....don't know really - suppose I expect it just to go away, but realistically it's still going to be a struggle.

You are all so positive about this experience that I can't help feeling it too. Long may it continue and keep the dark clouds at bay!!

Silversurfer

Bungalow Bill - Use the positive energy from me and the others on the forum to get you through the next few days, i did and it works, can remember walking down to theartre on Saturday thinking that if they could all do it then i could too ! and it worked.
The post op pain isn't really as bad as people describe, i was expecting a lot worse to be honest.

The desire to eat i know is in my head, for 39 years instinct has driven me to food, and i know that head trip isn't going to go away for a while. Just remember we are all human and occassionally we mess up, its no big deal and wont hurt you, just get back on the wagon and keep going.

Hope it help

Richard

moe

just to let you all know that my band date is tomorrow nervous but excited, i really need this so i can stop having to worry about the social calendar and how many weeks have i got to get three stone off, i am sick to death of having to find excuses to not go out, hopefully things will slot into place easily enough with all the great advise on here, will post again as soon as i feel well enough. moe

alliecat

frustrated bander!
Good luck for tomorrow Moe, all will be fine I promise and you will be on the losing side before you know it x

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Good luck Moe, will be thinking of you! Let us know how it goes when you feel able.

rambo

leicester tigers
:)all the best for the 21st mo keep us all upto date with how it went/go,s have 2 see my consultant on sept 2nd so i wait 2 hear how if was fur you
regards steve

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
glad to hear you're ok Moe, get plenty of rest!

alliecat

frustrated bander!
Glad you are ok Moe, welcome to the losing side!!! Look forward to hearing your story x