• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band needs repositioning

Monalisa

Hi
I have just found out today that I have been approved for funding to have my gastric band repositioned has anyone had this done? Xx

Hi I have just found out today that I have been approved for funding to have my gastric band repositioned has anyone had this done? Xx

Nope when my slipped I opted to have it removed and revised to bypass...

Couldn't face anymore acid reflux and other nasty symptoms I had suffered for so long..

I really hope your repositioning goes well and you get back to losing weight.../ maintaining etc...

Did they give you the choice of a revision to another surgery?? Or was it just the repositioning?? Xx

Hi Valentine
Thanks for replying I was thinking no one was go to speak to me lol
They said I don't meet the criteria for revision as my bmi is now under 40 although I am gaining weight fast I paid privately for my band and eventually got referred on nhs for acid reflux nasty as you say, they have offered me funding to reposition as it is classed as a medical necessity as my endoscopy showed osephagitis nightmare really I would have preferred revision really but if this fails I will have to try and fund it myself. I did have a lot of success with my band and lost 6 stone but have put 2 1/2 back on so think it's prob worth a go with the nhs funding x

Hi Valentine Thanks for replying I was thinking no one was go to speak to me lol They said I don't meet the criteria for revision as my bmi is now under 40 although I am gaining weight fast I paid privately for my band and eventually got referred on nhs for acid reflux nasty as you say, they have offered me funding to reposition as it is classed as a medical necessity as my endoscopy showed osephagitis nightmare really I would have preferred revision really but if this fails I will have to try and fund it myself. I did have a lot of success with my band and lost 6 stone but have put 2 1/2 back on so think it's prob worth a go with the nhs funding x

I'm not sure where you are from but can you ask to be transferred to St Mary's in Paddington?

Both Valentine and I had our operations there and I know they nolonger fund any bands. So if you qualify due to band issues. They could offer the sleeve or bypass.

You must qualify for something for the NHS to agree to reposition the band.

Good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks Helen
Unfortunately I am in the Manchester Area but that explains why some people got revision I think my hospital still do bands they said as I've no co morbiditys although I've PCOS I would have to be a BMI of 40 plus to revise to sleeve or bypass but they have agreed to fund the repair of my band as a medical necessity x

Back