• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band newbie....Help....

Hi to everyone, ive spent all evening reading through various blogs and it seems like a really freindly, helpful site.
I have tried many diets in the past which all worked for me but since being diagnosed with a very under active thyroid, had my gall bladder removed and IBS I can not loose weight
I just want to ask what the next steps are to having gastric band op??
I have been seeing my Dr alot over the recent years because I am so unhappy that I can not loose weight who swiftly put me on various slimming tablets kept useless food and exercise diarys which they hardly glanced at, and have now been referred to my local hospital to see someone in the Endocrinology department.
What happens now?? From reading other threads does this mean that I see a dietician that decides if I can be put forward for the op?? Sorry for my ignorance im just so confused and really am so unhappy and thought that someone might know if I am actually getting nearer to being advised if I can have the Gastric Band :cry:
Thanks xxxxx:wave_cry:

thinkbethin

Hi there and:welcome2: to mini's. Have you checked out the criteria for your area?? If not have a look on the BOSPA website and find it. If you feel you fit the criteria for funding the go to you gp armed with this information. Also take this info with you when you see the dietician because maybe she/he will also be able to help with your referal. Ask away any queries you may have and I'm sure someone will be able to help you. Good luck in your wls journey and I hope you find all you need here with us on this forum. xxGaynorxx:welcome2:

Hi ya thinkbethin,
Thank you for your reply:)
Ive just had a look and it states that East Sussex is under nice guidelines, it states that u need to have a BMI of at least 40 or 35 with health issues, my BMI is 31 so I dont think ill get it then ...boo hoo, I dont know what else to do im desperate...thanks again x