• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band Questions?

Lminique

What is the pre op pain like?
What is your experience's re fills?
Where is Port placed and how does it feel ect ?

I can strongly recomend a book on Gastric Banding to you thats listed in the stickys....also have a read through some peoples banding Diaries for more info.

Are you looking at having a band fitted ? and are you hoping for NHS or self funding?

Can you please ket me know the title of the bok that you strongly recomend re Gastric Banding. I will try to get this from local library.

I am new the forum, how do you find peoples banding Diaries.

At the moment I am booked in to have the op on the 4th April at the local hospital, NHS funding. I am feeling very nervous.

Have you had this done ect ?

D xx

i found pain hen i woke up from op hurt but didnt last long was uncomfortable for about a week
everyones fills are different and there are different ways of doing them some with xray some without .
my port is on my left side near my bottom rib it was sore for about a month but now unless i prod i cant feel it

hi and welcome to minis, the pain after the op is mostly wind pain, it is tollerable and good pain relief will be given.

fills are fine they take approx 10 mins to do.

my port is in my chest between my boobs and sits on the breast bone. it was placed there as it prevents port flips. now its all healed it feels fine i can feel it through the skin but im used to that now. the port scar takes the longest to heal and settle down.

Hiya this is a link to the thread about books I have reviewed about banding
http://www.minimins.com/surgical-we...ading-books-about-gastric-bypass-banding.html

you probably woint be able to get it from the library (Im a librarian and know that we have none in our county at all about WLS) your better off looking on ebay and on amazon I picked my copy up from ebay quite cheap.

to look at "diaries" just seach back therough threads here are a few to start you off
http://www.minimins.com/surgical-we...struggling-gastric-bander-must-do-better.html

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/75265-skinnywannabe-gastric-band-diary.html

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/77020-honest-any-regrets-gastric-band.html

hope this helps

my post op pain was agony to be truthful:(,i was in pain for 4 weeks .but after that it was bearable except it took 5 months for there to be no port pain and to sleep on my front .

so its different for everyone iv found lol

my port is on the left next to my belly button

band fills with Wendy at wls pain free and quick ,band fill with nhs incompetent and uncaring:mad: .but all depends whose doing them.

im only just starting to lose weight after being banded six months,i say just with fingers crossed;).but id not change it and like everything worth doing it takes time and effort (says me who had major wobble recently lol)

Hi and welcome

I was in quite a bit of pain for a few days after op but definitely bearable and fine with pain relief. Only lasted for a few days. I'm now 2 months post op and still find it a bit painful on my port site to sleep on my tummy but otherwise it's fine. My port is on my left side near my bottom rib. The fills are fine and just take a few minutes - no pain at all.

x

Thankyou Honey for reply.
My main worry post op is the port how it feels and pain.
Its not a easy Journey, Wishing you every success for the futur.

D x x

Thankyou Honey for reply.
My main worry post op is the port how it feels and pain.
Its not a easy Journey, Wishing you every success for the futur.

D x x

Thank you ,to be honest my port gave me gyp for a lot longer than most after the op it was painful:(, but 4 weeks on it was a pulling feeling every time i stretched or lent on it .it was not somthing id say i got used to but 6 months on and i honestly only get pain occasionally. plus mine is stitched in to my muscles around my belly button and they take a very long time to heal there so i understand lol

you can feel the port but it will be more noticeable with weight loss. it feels just like a hard lump .but id rather have a hard lump than carry on being big and its nothing noticeable only if you feel for it

Back