• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Sweet Spot

Mmmmm just got me thinking again about breakfast ... I love really thinly sliced apple with about an ounce of Castiillo (think that's how it's spelt) blue cheese on. It spreads easily and is really tasty. You remember you have eaten something, the tastier it is :)

I also don't always opt for low fat cheeses and yoghurts because I don't really eat enough of them volumewise, for them to break the calorie bank and sometimes the taste is better on the full fat varieties than the diet ones. Bit of trial and error there to find out what suits you best though. I do find a lot of the diet things taste chemically or for some reason manufacturers throw such much artificial sweetener in diet foods that I get stomach aches.

I sometimes have no added sugar muesli with chopped apple or pear, and actually find this is one of the most filling meals I will actually eat.

Special K with a very little milk to retain crunchiness.

Chopped mixed crunchy fruit with yoghurt.

Fruit and Fibre or bran with fruit or berries or 1/2 banana or raisins

i slice of lean grilled bacon, boiled mushrooms and a grilled tomato, with an egg if you eat eggs.

slice of toast or a crumpet

In the book my provider gave to me, I should be having 3 portions of veg/fruit a day, and their portion is 3 heaped tablespoons of cooked veg, which would come in about 75-100g.

Really not surprised you're hungry if thats all you're having. 50g is nothing . .

Snackwise

I have ryvitas with Quark, which is a fat free soft cheese, good source of protein but low in fat too. I sometimes will add to the protein on these and add a slice of ham. Or I will have them with tuna and some low cal salad cream.

Handy lunch if Im out and about are the john west tuna light lunches, some of them are quite crunchy and I find them quite filling but a good source of protein and less than 250 cals too

Also salad with the ryvitas, crunchier with radish, cucumber etc.

Melba toasts topped with quark.

chopped fruit or crunchy veg, dried fruit, oat cakes, chappatti, dried oats. a small pitta bread with protein or salad.

Also, milk is good, but you could have a yoghurt as a snack with some fruit too, or make a smoothie. I am loving the new muller light greek yoghurts as a snack (also have one of these for breakfast)

:)

Back