• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band Port Site Location

bexmoss86

To all the experienced bandits out there, is there a choice to where the port site of the Gastric Band can be placed?
I'm sure ive read somewhere that it can be placed to the side of the torso or in the middle under the bust area (if ya get me).
Thankyou :)

its usually where the surgeon prefers, my 1st port was on the left side under my ribs i didnt personally have any problems with it there but now the ports are placed in the chest by my surgeon, my new port is on the breast bone, the reason for this is its less likely to flip as they had many ports flip or stray on the sides.

Thanks a lot :) I just didnt want the scar to rub and get irritated by my bra but i suppose if its on the side it may get irritated by my arm. Wouldnt want the thing to flip!

Hiya

I think the surgeons have their own preferences, my port is on my left side attached to a stomach muscle. It is about three inches up from the bellybutton, and about 4-5 inches over to the left of the bellybutton, no where near my ribs or chest. My port was sewn into place on the muscle, so hopefully, that will help it not to flip.
regards

MNL:D

Thats really helpful, thankya! Im having my pre op assessment tomorrow so ill be sure to ask what Dr Ackroyd does :)

Back