• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band

Oh bless you, thanks for that. I spoke to my eldest son today and he is going to come with me, lived him! He was quite appalled about his fathers behaviour. Anyway, he's coming Christmas shopping with me tomorrow and we'll make our plans. X

I am SO pleased to read this. I've been thinking of you lots recently. Having lost my Mum and being single, the only other person who knew about my surgery was my Aunt and my son. Both were a support, but I also understand that its quite a lonely journey. Even she doesn't understand and still comes out with statements that "I thought you couldn't eat with a band" expecting it to stop me eating full stop LOL

But its hard when we don't have that support there, but I'm glad your son is going to be there and with you - ah relief and a smile :)

I think you are very brave, this will be the new you! I just can not make my mind up whether to have it done or not!!!

It's not something to be taken lightly pet, but my advise would be to make sure you do your research. My surgeon recommended I get the book written by the professor he trained under, and I've read it from cover to cover! This site in invaluable also to here everyone's experiences, good and bad. X

I am SO pleased to read this. I've been thinking of you lots recently. Having lost my Mum and being single, the only other person who knew about my surgery was my Aunt and my son. Both were a support, but I also understand that its quite a lonely journey. Even she doesn't understand and still comes out with statements that "I thought you couldn't eat with a band" expecting it to stop me eating full stop LOL But its hard when we don't have that support there, but I'm glad your son is going to be there and with you - ah relief and a smile :)

Thanks Top Kat, so lovely of you. It means so much to me that someone out there not only understands, but actually cares! I've had a lovely day with my son and we've made our plans. I've bought new nightwear and slippers to take with me. He's actually going to look after me at home to for a few days too. Bless!. Which will probably embarrass hubby but who cares.

What makes me laugh, he's been looking at expensive birthday gifts for me tonight before I got home. He's not very techie and doesn't know about cancelling history and I've just come across it. I'd already told him not to buy me a gift, but it's typical that he can't support me, upsets me and then thinks he can buy an expensive gift and all will be forgotten. Stupid man just doesn't get it!

Bloody men! X

Back