• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein drinks

Nkpjkb56

I am having my band fitted on the 2nd of November what brand of protein drinks did other people use and where can I get chewable vitamins from as I went to holland and Barrett today and the guy said they only do them for children

I got Centrum fruity chewables from Asda, 3 tubs for £10. When I spoke to the dietician she advised me to take 2 a day as the nutrient values aren't all that high.

For protein I bought Holland and Barrett because I happened to be passing the shop and they were in the penny sale - 2 x 900-odd gram tubs for £40-odd. There are better options out there in terms of protein vs calories, but I went for convenience!

Marvel milk powder....you can add it to everything,so it's great for upping protein in you foods/drinks.
And it's a fraction of the price of protein shakes(which aren't that nice)

I have the Atkins shakes - I love the chocolate and caramel café ones. The chocolate is 145 calories and the caramel café is 166. Yummy and packed with protein, low sugar/carbs.

Good question as ve been struggling with this, so interested to hear tips too.

I tried some Protein powder from Holland & barrett but wasnt impressed with the taste at all. Im going to try some sachets of other types but like the sound of marvel powder & Atkins shakes.

I also got my Centrum chewables from the supermarket, as sarah said the'yre often on offer too.

Good luck with your banding on 2nd Nov xx

Tesco have a new protein shake in the chillers called upbeat.. 20g protein and 145cals. Delicious too x

My protein shakes. Swear by them.

I use MyProtein.com Isolate Whey. Yields 23g. of prots for under 100 cals. And price is unbeatable too. Plenty of discount codes on the web.
I buy the unflavoured powder and then flavour my shakes with flavouring powder or drops (in the same e-store). In this way I can change flavours instead of being stuck with the same flavour for a month! And the flavouring can be used in drinks or for baking too (a bit like SF syrups).

Got my chewable vits in Boots. They were Boots own ones, and were half price.

As for shakes, I had Complan and Build Up and thought they were really tasty and filling. However, I'm not suggesting they're better than any others and I doubt they're the cheapest.

I had Slim Fast shakes as well but really didn't like them.

Hi
I stocked up on complan pre op (2 weeks worth) but now 1 week post op have found it doesn't agree with me! I'm now having build up.
Regret spending all that money trying to be super organised.
I've had a sleeve so may be different post op.
It's good that your tring different ones.

I ended up buying asda's own meal replacement drinks, as they were cheaper than others and higher levels of nutrients with a bit less sugar. Pre-op I loved the latte flavour, immediately post-op I thought it tasted vile!

Back