• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Daily Menus

phatgirl

Yesterday I ate:

B: Milky coffee, OJ, cheese round
L: 2 Turkey roll-ups & fruit cup
Snack: Cottage cheese w/chives
D: Tiny steak w/grilled mushrooms(bought a single sirloin & split in in to three) crusted with spices & a salad of baby herbed greens, cucumber & cherry tomatoes

My steak was lovely (I like them rare so it went down great in small bites with all fat removed), I really felt like I had a very tasty food day!

grom

Slim for 2009
Tofay I had

oatibix and skimmed milk
protein shake
orange juice
carrot and corriander soup
natural yoghurt
turkey meatloaf carrots mash and gray

yummy!

Cleggy

Cleggy

Yesterday I ate:

B: Milky coffee, OJ, cheese round
L: 2 Turkey roll-ups & fruit cup
Snack: Cottage cheese w/chives
D: Tiny steak w/grilled mushrooms(bought a single sirloin & split in in to three) crusted with spices & a salad of baby herbed greens, cucumber & cherry tomatoes

My steak was lovely (I like them rare so it went down great in small bites with all fat removed), I really felt like I had a very tasty food day!
Nic - How did you get on with your STEAK. I really want to try steak but thought it was one of the dodgy types of food to digest.

phatgirl

I decided since HC said she pulled it off I thought I would, try it.

My guide to eating steak after bypass
The trick is to get a premium cut of meat, cook it with the fat so it softens the meat. Cooking it to rare or medium rare will make it easier to tolerate plus it is full of iron. Then let it rest for about 10 minutes, that is a chef trick to keep steak moist. Slice it against the grain or diagonal to make it really tender, make sure you slice it very thin. Then just chew you heart out (if after 30 chews it still has texture spit it out, you may have found a tough bit, there will be plenty more bites to enjoy).

Enjoy & remember I am 3 months out and have no real food issues except untoasted bread.

phatgirl

Today I ate:

B: OJ & cheese round
L: Half jacket potato w/cottage cheese & chives (was out shopping and needed something)
D: Mushroom Garlic Chicken & French Green Beans
Snack: Clementine and handful of mixed nuts

grom

Slim for 2009
Yesterday I had
weetabix
small bowl lettuce sweetcorn and tuna with light may
2 coffees (and lots of talking!!!)
vegetable balti (canned)
1/4 homemade low fat blueberry muffic

phatgirl

Yesterday I ate:

B: Milky Coffee & 1/2 banana
L: Mixed salad with fresh prawns
D: Slow cooked beef in peppercorn sauce, red & green peppers with mushrooms
Snack: MetRx protein shake & clementine

phatgirl

I am having one of those can't eat much days I have heard people mention. I only wanted coffee this morning (I try really hard to have something to eat within an hour of waking but I was feeling too full today) so I had 2 cups which did give me some protein.

Then for lunch I was having a normal portion of cottage cheese (about 3-4 tablespoons) and was also going to have fruit cup but got so full had to for go the fruit. Weird. I have yet to come across this feeling before so early in the day. Sometimes at night I do have to stop mid-way thru a portion because I feel full.

Guess everyone has this sometimes.

grom

Slim for 2009
Today I had
weetabix and skimmed milk
Tinned colly and cheese soup low fat (not very filling but in a rush!)
For tea I slow roasted a load of mediterranean veg with a little olive oil, fennel seeds and oregano - courgettes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, vine tomatoes, aubergine - when they were nice and soft I mixed them with a tub of WW tomato and pepper pasta sauce and added a couple of ounces of quorn mince and an ounce of low fat grated cheese. It was yummy and made two portions
Followed by 1/4 of home made low fat blueberry muffin.

Wish I could have one of those not wanting to eat days that PG mentioned! I don't feel as tho I have lost an ounce this week!!

phatgirl

Today's menu:

B: Cafe Mocha (sounds fancy, just add couple spoons full of options hot choc to coffee + frothy milk), small glass oj & cheese round

L: Mug of homemade beef stew (lean beef, carrots, swede, mushrooms, leek, onion, beef broth & spices slow cooked yesterday)

D: 1 egg omlette w/sliced cherry tomatoes, low-fat shredded cheddar, chopped dill & parmesan cheese

Snack: Protein drink

grom

Slim for 2009
Yesterday I was travelling with work so it was a bit messy!
Allbran
cottage cheese, home made hummus and natural yoghurt
more hummus as nothing else available and had taken that with me
Finally tracked down small jacket spud with chiili - it was the first time I had tried this and it went down very well!!
Only a few more days of soft foods now!

phatgirl

Well, I have had a weird food day today, here it is:

B: Allbran cereal w/ dried fruit
L: Cheese round (I know, that is not meal)
Snack: 2 pieces of sainsbury's no sugar added milk chocolate & 1/3 of a ryvita dark rye crisp (see what I mean, I made strange choices!!)
D: Spicy mexican chili soup, some shredded cheddar on top & a small salad w/low fat caesar dressing

I wanted to be honest but please don't think I am endorsing this as an example - it was really a poorly thought out protein low day - bad me!

tendersage

Thought i would contribute to this, today i have had

1 weetabix with ss milk - breakfast
1 ski smooth yoghurt - mid morning snack
home made spicey butternut squash fortified with low fat philly cheese
1 ski smooth yoghurt - mid afternoon snack
4 ice cubes thai chicken + 4 of parsnip/carrot - dinner
1 protien shake - throughout day

grom

Slim for 2009
Today I had (another odd day as travelling again)
Latte for breakfast
jacket spud and cottage cheese lunch time ish
protein shake with banana and peanut butter
left over mediterranean veg quorn and cheese in ww past sauce (my new fave meal)
slice low fat leerdammer cheese

teen

post op loser
I had
Breakfast 3 spoons of porrage with milk and sweetener
Dinner prune yogurt
Tea home made cauli, broccilli and quorn soup with a bit of grated cheese
Supper Yogurt

phatgirl

Yesterday's menu:

B: Milky coffee & ryvita dark rye crisp w/no-sugar-added crunchy peanut butter
L: 2 turkey & swiss rolls w/cucumber, 1-2 tbsp of cottage cheese, 5-8 grapes
D: Chilli w/yogurt* & cheese added & small salad
S: Protein drink & clementine

*Bought Fage Greek Yogurt 0% fat, is very thick & tastes good. Would make a perfect dip or topper for a jacket potato.

grom

Slim for 2009
Grom's bad day!!

Had a really mad mixed up day so ending up drinking lots of coffee and water but only ended up eating:

1/2 tin WW Tom soup with 1/2 tin mixed beans
1/2 a WW Macaroni cheese ready meal.

before everyone tells me off I know this is BAAAAAAD!! I will try harder tomorrow!!

phatgirl

Nobody is going to tell you off, we all have bad days hun it is just good to have somewhere to be accountable!! You can start fresh today & try and remember what made you go wrong and try to avoid that in the future. DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP!!

You are doing great and being really good so the occasional bad day makes absolutely no difference hun. Just think pre-op, most your days were bad if you are at all like me and those good days really stood out because there were so few and far between!!

Nic;)