• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Daily Menus

Yesterday
B - protein shake
D - Half a pot cous cous (like pot noodle, but cous cous)
T - 2 sausages
S - none

Today:
Muller light
Home made goulash (130g)
1 fig and 1 slice ham.

Snack:
1 fig.
1 actimel (no fat)

The figs are cos uhhhhh I'm having a few issues going to the loo, I didn't notice till now I've had to use dulcolax each time to go since my op :s
Any advice? I've started fibersure, taling dulcoease?!
Sorry this prolly isn't what u wanna read on a food thread lol x

Good question hun - Im really struggling in that department too. I was bleeding so bad the other day out of my backside I was crying! I take benefibre and movicol...other than that I dont know what else to do...up the fibre intake? But how?! Good luck x

Awww no! Bleedings not good :(
I'm gunna go see my dr, ill let you know what they say :)

X

Yesterday:
Muller light
Tuna in home made pasta suace with low fat cheese and 1 small bit of ravioli
15g peanut butter and a fig

Snacks:
1 half of an orange.

today i have had
B = weight watchers yoghurt
D = ham sliced rolled round low fat cheese and salad
T = corned beef mash, roasted butternut sqaush and carrots
s = half small can of vegetable soup

oh and a plum

Janey wanted to say how wonderful your diet looks, full of protein, low on simple carbs and full of fruit and veg! Excellent nutrition, just wanted to give you a thumbs up, you are doing great.:p

Today:
The figs are cos uhhhhh I'm having a few issues going to the loo, I didn't notice till now I've had to use dulcolax each time to go since my op :s
Any advice? I've started fibersure, taling dulcoease?!
Sorry this prolly isn't what u wanna read on a food thread lol x

This is a very common occurance and it looks like you are low on fiber so fibersure (I prefer Benefiber) should do the trick. I have also used fybogel to help things along. And add more fluids, you really can never get too much fluid in post-op and a high fluid level will always help in the bathroom...:)

Good question hun - Im really struggling in that department too. I was bleeding so bad the other day out of my backside I was crying! I take benefibre and movicol...other than that I dont know what else to do...up the fibre intake? But how?! Good luck x

Hun, sounds like you have irritated piles probably caused by constipation. Most doctors would suggest a fiber suppliment to take twice a day like fybogel and tell you to drink as many fluids as you can because it helps the intestines move waste or in certain cases prescribe a mild stool softener temporarily to help the swelling & irritation go away. You can up your fiber by eating green veg, raw fruits like apples & pears, and whole meal bread, crackers and bran cereal. But always consult a professional in matters of concern, they will direct you best how to treat any medical issue.

Nic;)

awwwww thanks pgs much appreciate the thumbs up means a lot coming from our resident expert. Need to say how fantastic you look in your photo's you must feel fantastic.

Anyway here is todays menu

B = 1 slice nimble wholemeal toast and 3 desert spoons baked beans.
D = weight watchers yoghurt, low fat cheese.
T = half pack mini meatballs with wholemeal pasta in tomatoe sauce
s = half a small tin veg soup, 2 laughing cow triangles

i also had a plum

Nic or anyone else who may know... How many cals roughly should I be having? I'm 4 months post op and I'm not sure I'm eating enough.
I know were not ment to cal count. And I don't really, but I vaguely know how many I have, but what should I have at this point?

Thabks :D

Nic or anyone else who may know... How many cals roughly should I be having? I'm 4 months post op and I'm not sure I'm eating enough.
I know were not ment to cal count. And I don't really, but I vaguely know how many I have, but what should I have at this point?

Hun, as I always say it best to check with your own dietician if you are in doubt of your instructions. I can offer you my opinion/experiences if that might help.

Your main focus as a bypasser should be on getting enough nutrients daily to keep you healthy while burning fat. The best way to do that in my opinion is to focus on protein as 50% of your diet. At the early post-op stage I have found that people don't need to count calories but rather make sure they are getting 4-6 servings of protein throughout the day. Once you have managed to get your protein up, you can set a caloric goal if you find that easier. But remember as long as you are eating enough daily to stay out of starvation mode, calorie counting isn't needed.

Here is a guideline for calories per day if you find it useful:
In the first 3 months around 400-600 calories per day which 50% should be protein. From 3-6 months 500-700 cals per day, again 50% protein. From 6 months to 1 year post-op, 800-1000 cal per day. Between year one and two you should be able to reach a calorie intake of 1200 per day. Again at every stage your protein should be 50% of your diet until you reach over 1000 cals then your protein should be about 40% of your diet.

I hope that helps but I do urge you to consult your own team to get advice if you feel unsure, they are the professionals after all!

Nic:D

todays menu
b = weight watchers yoghurt and a plum

d = half can vegatable soup and 2 weightwatchers cheese spread

t = lean roast pork, small portion boiled pots and lots of veg.

s = multigrain ryvita and about an ounce of low fat cheese

I am doing the pouch test again, was poorly with TOM & migrain last week so I ate too many carbs and drank too little fluids which for me = feeling bloated now and craving carbs so...time to give myself a little kick!

Yesterday -
2x Protein Chai Lattes*
3x 400mils soup (spicy lentil, mushroom, spicy Thai chicken)
2x 250mils Milky Fruit Teas
1x Milky Coffee
1x Drinking yogurt
1L water

Today so far -
1x Milky Coffee
1x Protein Chai Latte
1x 400mils soup (Miso soup)
500mils water

Protein Chai Latte:
250 mils coffee
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1-2 tablespoons Davinci Chai Tea Da Vinci Sugar Free Syrup - Chai Tea | Sugar Free MegastoreSugar-free syrup
150 mils milk

Add everything into the blender ball shakerTry Buy > Blender Bottle Shaker Cup, close lid and shake well for 30-60 seconds. Pour into a large mug or split between 2 small mugs and microwave for 2 minutes. To give the latte effect use a small electric frother La Cafetiere Hand Held Milk Frother: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home. Yum!!!!

b = weighwatchers yoghurt and a plum

D = 3 slices ham rolled rounf laughing cow vlight soft cheese and salad and a plum

t = about 2 to 3 oz of chicken breast, butternut sqaush.carrot,parsnip and a small potatoe

S = half small tin oxtail soup and 1oz low fat cheese

b = slice of nimble(wholemeal) with beans
D = weight watchers yoghurt, low fat cheese and a plum
T = half a chicken and tagattelie ready meal
s = half a large tin of minestrone soup

B latte 2 ryvita, 1oz cheese, 8 strawberries
L 2 slices roast beef, tomato, banana
D 1 chicken thih, 1 sm jacket pot peppers, onion, mushrooms
s total 0% yog blueberries, raspberries mixed nuts.

I havn't posted for ages but here is my menu from the past couple of days

25th sept
B - pint semi skimmed 17g
shape yoghurt 8g
2 babybel cheese light 10g
L - 2 eggs scrammbled 16g
40g cheese 12g
apple
D - 4 slices of ham 15.2g
coleslaw 3.6g
50g stilton 11.8g
home made chicken & leek soup with added quinoa 24g

Total protein = 120.6g

exercise = 1 hour pt session at the gym with Jack!!

Yesterday wasnt that great and I ate out so was difficult to measure my protein accurately but here goes

B - pint semi skimmed 17g
L - jacket potato with tuna & sweetcorn & cheese (approx 30ish g) & 2 slices of garlic bread....oops!
D - chicken & bacon omelete 25g

snacks - 3 large lattes (approx 30g)
2 chunky cookies (Naughty but nice)
protein shot 42g
2 large clementines

Total estimated protein = 144g

Exercise = swimming 100 lengths and 30 mins cardio

Hi

Can I ask on this thread, are sweet potatoes as high in carbs as normal potatoes? I really love roasted sweet potato but I am trying hard to avoid carbs.
Thanks
Rx

B - 2 boiled eggs and wholemeal melba toast
D - 4 slices of ham rolled up
T - chicken drummers and rice
Snx - packet of crisps

:( I'm having an awful day foodwise... I've also not lost any weight for 2 weeks!
I seem to be hungry all the time today... Here's my food, any comments and advice greatly recived!

1 slice wafer thin ham (15 cals) with 50g low sugar baked beans and 1 poached egg.
Healthy options pork, cooked in a sherry onion and mushroom sauce (made with fat free yogurt not cream) with cabbage and 3 carott sticks (threw some of this up)
50g beans, 3 wafer thin ham and 1 babybel light...

Snacks: (oh dear...)
1/2 orange and 1/2 mango
20g crisps (this is only the 2nd time I've had crisps since my op) :(
3 slices wafer thin ham.
1/2 nimble toast with lowfat cheese and 1/2 mushroom.

Truth be told I also had 2 spoons of my OH musli and a fork full of noodles!!!!!

What's wrong with meeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

Help please!

On a better note I did burn 350 cals on my crosstrainer today.

So any advice, about stall or my eating today???

Thanks.

Ps thanks for tje earlier advice pg, your a star!

Pps, the estimated cal intake for today is between 700-800 cals

just my humble opinion but you havent got much variety in yr main diet ham and beans for breakfast and tea would leave me not hungry but craving for different flavore.
Wafer thin ham isnt really nuritiouse try a slice of bacon instead grilled with all fat removed.
With yr lunch when you said you threw some up was that because you ate too much. I find that when im eating i am better if i cut all my food up first before i start eating that way i dont forget and put a too bigger piece in my mouth and not chew it properly. also alternating between a mouthfull of protien and either my veg/salad or carb. Putting my knife and fork down after every 6 or so mouthfulls to allow time for my brain process that im eating and enjoying etc.
As for yr snacks well i think the less said the better!!!lol
One thing i have learnt is that whatever i have has to be the most nutritiouse tasty food that way i am satisfied and not looking for something else to hit the spot.
My snack choices tend to be
fruity ryvita with a slice of cheese and some grapes
bag mini twiglets with a mini tub of philli light.
total 0% yogurt with berries and an oz of chopped nuts.
hope this is some help to you
carole

Back