• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass food hospital

Peterborough Guy said:
I think he is into them most days, well his medical tools are lol

Lol!!! I think Caren would appreciate his 'medical tools' in any sense we could take it lool

I bet you will have never felt so sexy in ya whole life lol

I was amazed he finished the op in 45 mins !!!!!!!

Me too! Thought wow that was fast!

Aahh see that's logic lol. Starting to think I am incapable of logic lol

Fuffs,

One of those useless things I learned when I was working as a scrub nurse in an operating theatre is that, when timing any operation, the clock is started at the moment the first instrument makes contact with skin to enter the body.

They don't include the time it takes the anaesthetist to get the patient off to sleep and moved from anaesthetic room into the actual theatre (which can take 10-20 minutes), the time in theatre to prepare the patient on the operating table and positioned ready for the surgeon (can take another 10-20 minutes) and the time (shown on the film for a moment) it takes to 'wash' the body with the iodine and drape it with surgical sheets (the green things) as well as things like shaving the skin if needed.

This all adds up and is what makes a 20 minute appendicectomy or, as in this case, a 45 minute gastric bypass procedure a much longer operation. Add in to that the time it takes the patient to wake up from the anaesthetic after the surgery and it could well be anywhere from 1-1 1/2 hours in the operating theatre under the care of the anaesthetist! Followed by the time in recovery area to wake up enough to go to the HDU or back to the ward.

Tatiana

Thank you for that Tatiana :D

My little boy has a cosmetic operation next month on his upper lip birthmark. I am so scared. You post helps me to prepare for the fact that he may be in for longer than they say, without anything having 'gone wrong'

It shows how the prep time can be longer than the op. I loved reading your response x

Thank you for that Tatiana :D

My little boy has a cosmetic operation next month on his upper lip birthmark. I am so scared. You post helps me to prepare for the fact that he may be in for longer than they say, without anything having 'gone wrong'

It shows how the prep time can be longer than the op. I loved reading your response x
awww honey i hope it all goes to plan :) xxx

Caren said:
awww honey i hope it all goes to plan :) xxx

Thank you do much Caren xxx My partner and I hate the thought of it :( it's 3 weeks today. Just getting nearer.

He loves his BM. I brought him up to believe it's special. Where an Angel kissed him. It was to combat adults and kids who were mean. But now he loves it so much we feel rotten. But the surgeon says now is the best time. So we trust him xxx

Thank you do much Caren xxx My partner and I hate the thought of it :( it's 3 weeks today. Just getting nearer.

He loves his BM. I brought him up to believe it's special. Where an Angel kissed him. It was to combat adults and kids who were mean. But now he loves it so much we feel rotten. But the surgeon says now is the best time. So we trust him xxx
oh no!! how you getting round that one? how old is he?

He is a very intelligent 3 year old and I really am not sure how we get around it :( I need to talk to him soon about the op. His teacher advised it was best not to worry him too early on. I am scared it will panic him. But don't want to lie to him either. Because when he wakes up with no birthmark and a painful reconstructed lip, he will be very upset :(

He is a very intelligent 3 year old and I really am not sure how we get around it :( I need to talk to him soon about the op. His teacher advised it was best not to worry him too early on. I am scared it will panic him. But don't want to lie to him either. Because when he wakes up with no birthmark and a painful reconstructed lip, he will be very upset :(
oh honey what an awful position to be in :(
bless his little heart, wishig you all the best with this honey, wish i could help :( xxx

what about "now that you are a very special little boy, the angel needs her kiss to give to a very poorly little boy to make him well" awww its heartbreaking :(

Caren said:
what about "now that you are a very special little boy, the angel needs her kiss to give to a very poorly little boy to make him well" awww its heartbreaking :(

That is a very good idea! Thank you Caren. You are an earth Angel xxx And yes, it is very sad :(

He loves Angels. So using Angels may just work :) xxx

That is a very good idea! Thank you Caren. You are an earth Angel xxx And yes, it is very sad :(

He loves Angels. So using Angels may just work :) xxx
god this has made me cry :( bless his little heart

oh ay what a dilemer but i think it is best to not worry him until the day before his surger as children see things in black and white so you are best telling him then.
ay fuffs have you asked him about his bithmark and it not being there maybe you could toy with the idea of telling him his birth mark is really special but it can only be there when he was a baby and cos he is a big boy now it has to magicly fannish???
just a thought hunny i suppose you and your partner have got it all ready what you are going to say.
good luck and he will be fine,.
youll wonder what all the worry was about in a couple of weeks. xxxx

Aaww Caren thanks for caring (((hugs)))

That's a great idea Lynda xxx I have been trying to work out how he feels about it.

Yesterday at the swimming baths was the first time he said a little girl didn't like him because of his birthmark :( I assured him that wasn't true then asked if he liked his BM and he said yes it's special.

So I think using the Angels and telling him now it is big it will go back to a magic land may just work.

I also think the day before his op will be a good day to talk to him. I will just prepare him without him realising between now and then.

Thank you very much ladies. Your support and advice means a lot to me xxx

Back