• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating too much??!!

archiesmum

I am almost 4 weeks post op (band) and I am on normal food. My appetite has returned and I am now eating "normal" size portions (nowhere near what I ate before the op). I know that my surgeon (Shaw Somers) didn't put any fill in the band after the operation but I am concerned as I have put on a couple of pounds. My next appointment is with the dietician on Aug 3 and with surgeon on Aug 10th. Help.....

it is totally normal hun you have no restriction and its not unheard of for your weight to fluctuate untill you have some restriction first fills are often small as well as they are making sure all ok but your second one, i was under mr sommers was amonth later was alot bigger so hang in there you are still on first steps it will get better

This is the "norm". I was exactly the same and even gained 5lbs before my 1st fill so don't worry. Once the sweeling from the op has gone down you are just relying on will power. Once you've had your 1st fill you'll be fine but on saying that sometimes the restriction is still slight. I had to have my 2nd fill 4 weeks after my 1st as I felt there still was'nt enough. Hang on in there and you'll be ok. Have you got your fill booked yet??

Hi Think. I have an appointment at the dietician on 3rd Aug and with surgeon on 10th so hopefully sometime around then.

Back