• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass journey is starting.

Woomie

I am morbidly obese age 44 and my BMI is 47, and have already went through some of the steps in the beginning stage. Monday I go in for my large blood work and I am kinda freaking out, I have to be 100% nicotine free otherwise I will be delayed 6 months. I have been trying everything for a month now to flush my system cross your fingers it works for me because I'm scheduled already for the first big consult and classes April 9th as long as I have flushed all trace out. What exactly is the milk diet? Is that all you drink just milk and water they said when the time comes I will be on some skim milk diet?

Hi an welcome to a great site there's lots of advice here.the milk diet is milk and yogurts but you can also use slim fast or similar slim drinks that are made with mill kits very good for shrinking the liver but you will be given a choice of 3 to 4 diets to choose from anyway.good luck on the nicotine being out of your system fingers crossed for you.x

My milk diet was 3 - 4 pints semi skimmed milk 3-4 muller lite yogs 1 sachet sugar free jelly and 1 oxo cube drink per day, good luck :)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

My provider (at the time) only offered the low carb/cal pre-op diet so fortunately there are others here that can help.

Good luck with the being nicotine free. xx

hi welcome my milk diet is 8/10 125g 65 calories yogurts and 1 pint milk and as much water nas squash tea coffee etc no sugar if want sugar has to be sweeteners

Thank you so much I am so excited too be going on this journey to a healthier, thinner me. I love the support this will be so helpful.

Thanks for the welcome and the pointers I have my doctor consultant this week and meet with the dietian so I will find out how I'm doing and what's expected of me.

Back