• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

starting my journey

xbander

I had a band done 8 years ago with no effect, Seen by Mr Whitelaw at the L&D hospital on 11th April, he is hopefully going to do a ?bypass ?sleeve surgery in 6 months time, (although I would prefer bypass). Starting on the milk diet tomorrow, as I don't like milk much this will be fun, struggled with 4 pints a day last time, but have to have 5 pints this time, not looking forward to it, but have to crack this weight issue, have joined a gym (not a pretty sight) and know that I have to get fit as well to make this work and keep the weight off.
onwards and upwards!!!!!!!

you are on the milk diet for 6 months?

good luck with your journey by the way :)

Not sure, for a month anyway, they haven't told me from there on, have another appointment in a months time, have to lose 3% of my body weight anyway.

hi and welcome good luck with your journey

Hiya, I'm new too and with L&D also :)

I've been on the milk diet for 8 weeks and not sure what happens next, although I was told everyone has to do 12 months tier 3 before being considered for surgery.

Best of luck with the process and with the milk diet :D

I have been told 6 months on tier 3 as my BMI is above 50, apparently if its below you have to do 12 months, Just can't wait to loose the weight and keep it off, lost 11 stone on lighter life but put it all back on :( Have joined the GYM to try and get fit, its tough but has to be done.
I have planters fascists and have trouble walking, also my knees are struggling with my weight.

I have been told 6 months on tier 3 as my BMI is above 50, apparently if its below you have to do 12 months, Just can't wait to loose the weight and keep it off, lost 11 stone on lighter life but put it all back on :( Have joined the GYM to try and get fit, its tough but has to be done.
I have planters fascists and have trouble walking, also my knees are struggling with my weight.

Ah, that makes sense now; they gave me the impression that everyone had to do 12 months on tier 3, it's so confusing.

I did Lighterlife too - I lost and regained the same 6 stones 4 times over the years, it's so frustrating isn't it?

How are you getting on with the milk diet? I hope things are moved along for you at your next appointment :)

Hi, welcome and good luck hun.....I hate milk so i'm slowing weaning myself on it just to get use to the taste, as eventually i'll have to do the milk diet.

Wow welcome, you are in the right place, I wish you luck on your journey and good luck with the milk diet, mine will be starting really soon, I think I will do two weeks on 1500 calories and the start on the milk.

Keep us posted on your progress

Regards kate

Hi, Thanks for all your replies, Well day 2 done, don't know I have managed it as I really dislike Milk, Milk jelly and crush have saved the day, am away for 2 of the weekends out of the 4, which should be fun!!!!! one being a 50th birthday weekend, but ha ho I will get there :)

well an prate, Have done my 4 weeks of Milk diet lost my 5%in weight and survived!!!!! now on a reefed diet consisting of 2 pints of semi-skimmed milk , a 400 cal meal and 2 snacks of 200 cal each, not loosing as much as I would like but sticking to it like glue. Go to the Gym 3 times a week for an hour at a time and drinking at least 4 litre of water a day, just wish my gut would work, fibogel does nothing!!!!!!

Back