• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Revision

HereIGoAgain

Hi everyone

My name's Sarah and I had a RNY Gastric Bypass 2 years ago. I lost 7 stone in a year and felt great.

However, over the last 6 mths I have lost the satiety feeling and although I am stuffed after a small ready meal, I could easily eat it again after just 20 mins. I'm pretty sure I have an anastomotic dilation and am booked in for a gastrosopy and contrast study this week.

Can anyone tell me a) if they've also had this problem and b) if they had the revision, did it work?

Thanks in advance for your help, as I'm really concerned...

S x

I don't think there's much wrong with you to be honest.

If you give me a ready meal i can eat again shortly after. Most ready meals are sliders and thus will pass through your pouch easily.

How about when you have a chicken breast & a bit of veg? Can you eat again 20 minutes later?

I'll be looking forward to seeing how you get on with your investigations. Please keep us updated xx

im pre op so havent any advice for you..but didnt want to read and not post.

im sure there is someone that can advise you x

Thanks girls :)

Julie, it's not soft foods - I'm talking about bread (even french sticks!), potatoes, protein, everything :(

And I'm also ravenous a while after eating. For example, went into town and bought a sarnie from M&S. Ate it. 40 minutes later my tummy was grumbling and I was seriously hungry! Definitely feel it's a dilation. If it was merely down to diet, I think Mr El Hasani would have referred me to the Dietician first and not skipped that and gone straight on to invasive diagnostics.

Still, we'll soon find out!

Thanks again for your reply :)

Good luck with test Hun hope u get it sorted soon x

Bread goes through me quickly. Do you think your pouch has stretched?

There is a cottage cheese test you can do to test how big your pouch is.....

ooh cottage cheese... omg the slightest look of it makes me feel ill... what do you do.. eat as much as you can of it?

I don't think my pouch has stretched as a) the amount of food I can eat in one go hasn't increased significantly and b) my surgeon said it's more likely to be a dilation from the symptoms I'm presenting with.

Will soon find out after the barium and 'scope! Not looking forward to them one little bit :( Why can't Docs have x-ray vision and just see inside without the need for Midazolam, endoscope cameras and foul tasting liquids! Lol!

Thanks again to all who've replied, much appreciated. And good luck with your op, Missy! Hope it goes well :)

PS What is this Cottage Cheese test? I've heard of it but don't know the ins and outs!

Hi s
Read my post in "general weight loss discussion"
under "new data on weight gain" its all about what your going through
Kim

Thanks Kim...

I've had a read of the data and, although very interesting, I don't think it applies to me. I don't get hypoglycaemic attacks after eating carbs and I don't really fit the patter/symptoms they're mentioning in the article.

Thanks again - it was an interesting read :) (and it made me wish I'd had a sleeve! Lol!)

Hi everyone

My name's Sarah and I had a RNY Gastric Bypass 2 years ago. I lost 7 stone in a year and felt great.

However, over the last 6 mths I have lost the satiety feeling and although I am stuffed after a small ready meal, I could easily eat it again after just 20 mins. I'm pretty sure I have an anastomotic dilation and am booked in for a gastrosopy and contrast study this week.

Can anyone tell me a) if they've also had this problem and b) if they had the revision, did it work?

Thanks in advance for your help, as I'm really concerned...

S x

Hi, I had my bypass 30th October 2013 and lost 48'kilo's I graze through the day there are types of food that make me full and other's that don't, yes there's times when you feel hunger after a meal I just have a apple or yogut to put me on, I still get the pain in my stomach to over eat, and I still get the gurgling noises of my stomach working, I also still keep to the 30' mins of not eating after a drink. I asked my consultant in Sheffield if my pouch had streched no was his reply, I worry that my pouch has stretched, I heard you can go on a reset pouch diet seen this on the gastric bypass face book wonder if that might help, I've not put any weight back on but lose it very slowly, untill summer comes my walks outside will have to wait, I wish I had the sleeve now instead of the bypass.
Regards bigbeefybuilder

Surely if every one had had a sleve instead then you wouldnt lose as much as the absourbtion would be alot more or am i not understanding that??

Surely if every one had had a sleve instead then you wouldnt lose as much as the absourbtion would be alot more or am i not understanding that??

Hi, I don't know too much about the sleeve, I know they follow the same rules as we do can't eat or drink for 30'mins, I'm going to out my self on a reset pouch diet for a couple of weeks just to get back into loseing weight.

Back