• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass 2013

Hi, had my gastric bypass in October 2013 was 147'kilos now 100' kilos feeling great so far, I'm concerned about a couple of things really a few months back I developed piles and had them stappled, but now got to have halo operation early 2016, consultant told me he see's more gastric bypass patients, the other thing is I've been getting dizzy headache spells where I get the start of a migraine zigzag line aurora with red black yellow colours, numb nose lips and number fingers,had a couple of these fits outside where I've lost my eye sight for a few seconds, been to see neurologists in Sheffield Hallamshire hospital she said also she his seeing lots of gastric bypass patients, I've to have a MRI next sat then go back and see what's happening to me, I graze every two hours just wondering if anybody else gets these two things?
Bigbeefybuilder

Last edited:
That's really interesting I had a bypass nov 2013 . My piles are terrible at the moment they are aching so much . But I had mine after I had my babies 28 years ago . I just been reading about the halo . I'm 7 weeks tomorrow recovering from open heart surgery and I'm also on Warfin !!! It can look terrible in the bowl . If there no bleeding this op would be perfect for me . But when I'm fully recovered .
I also get visual zig zags which last up to 20 minutes but no pain , I just thought they were visual migraines .

That's really interesting I had a bypass nov 2013 . My piles are terrible at the moment they are aching so much . But I had mine after I had my babies 28 years ago . I just been reading about the halo . I'm 7 weeks tomorrow recovering from open heart surgery and I'm also on Warfin !!! It can look terrible in the bowl . If there no bleeding this op would be perfect for me . But when I'm fully recovered .
I also get visual zig zags which last up to 20 minutes but no pain , I just thought they were visual migraines .
Hi, had the piles stapled the operation was OK no needle for numbing the pain, the worse part was the liquid enima ouch, the halo operation I've been told his the best to have as there's no pain for weeks after, a friend has bad piles and mourns alot told him to get it fixed but he would rather mourn more, I think the pain they cause and the embarrassment you have his well worth getting them done, the migraines are bad now in fact worse since having gastric bypass, the Dr thinks its down to the food I don't eat or do eat.hope your recovery his going OK, and hope you have a lovely worry free Christmas.
Bbb

Back