• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Wrap to RNY?

Anon1986

So, quick story I guess:

I decided to go for the Gastric Wrap nearly 2 years ago, I'm not sure why I decided to go for this procedure. I think I was to scared to have a bypass and I found gastric band statistics where garish.

Anyway my weight loss pretty much ceased and I can eat meals of a reasonable size now, still smaller of course. However I was at one point 221lbs while dieting, I'm now at 235 bouncing between 230 and 240 depending on how much I've ate/drank this month.

I'm not sure if revising to a bypass would even be the best course for me, I'm not gaining weight but @ 5ft 9 and 235lbs I'd like to actually walk into a generic clothing store and be pissed they don't sell XXL/XXXL shirts.

I believe I would have lost more weight during my first year after the procedure if I hadn't suffered from other health issues. It was an odd time for me, during the pre-op tests I discovered I'd always been fairly low on testosterone and 6 months after the operation I started injections and well, stuff...

Anyway it's nice to give some background info but you can pretty much ignore all above this line :rolleyes: :

I had a gastric wrap nearly 2 years ago and I was told by the doctor (CosmeticBliss in Prague - Dr C) that a revision to a bypass later on might be complicated due to a hernia, I shrugged it off as I do everything and didn't think upon it. However now I'm contemplating a revision and this is the only thing I can think of and I'd like to get some information on it before I start debating going for a revision.

The decision on if a bypass revision would actually be a good idea is a whole new set of quandaries for my mind to rattle on about after this hurdle is jumped.

It might be tricky to find information out from the company who performed my operation, as I just learnt they went bankrupt recently and a bunch of people are out a lot of money.

It's a shame, I thought they where outstanding and there prices where not as cheap as other like services.

Hi Hun!! Do you think restriction is the problem? What is it about the wrap that you don't think is working? Have you tried something like the 5 day pouch test? Or another plan to boost your success? I have lost 12 stone odd. My highest weight was 333 pounds. But, I did have a stall when I hit about 14 stone. I went to Slimming World to see if being more structured would help me get to goal. I lost another 3 stone. It really helped me refocus.

I am also a CB wrapper. Have you thought of emailing Dr C and asking what he thinks? He is still at Breclav Hospital, obviously he is independent of CB and did not have any role in the business end.

But, seriously don't be so hard on yourself! You have done amazing!!
Good luck in whatever you decide!!

Back