• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass whats it like - advice plesae

I don't think you will regret your op. It will be difficult when you first come home if you have 2 in nappies, you wont be able to lift the children, I went back to work after 2 weeks but i dont have anything to lift so i was fine. Good luck and hope it all goes well for you accept outside help from friends and family to help with the little ones you will need it. x

emmakc said:
Thanks for your posts everyone. I'm booked in for the bypass on 17 August, so I'm on day four of the pre-op diet. I've got three children (two still in nappies) so I'm a bit worried what I'll be like when I get out of hospital and back to the real world! I'm excited and nervous and just want to get it over. My main concern is that I'll regret my decision!

Wow not long now! Still waiting for my letter - but hoping it will be end of the month. Looking forward to reading your progress. X

Good luck emmaek,I like you am booking to go private,and as I have a 2 week holiday booked for the last week in september I am waiting till after that.Going to do the assessment etc before then.keep us updated after your op,would like to hear about your progress.:)

Good luck for your op Emma, I'm having my bypass tomorrow I'm starting to feel a little nervous but I'm so excited xxx

HI everyone, I completely bottled it and cancelled the op a week before. Now, I regret my decision as it would have been all over now. I think I'm just scared - I go from total regret at cancelling to thinking I've made the right decision. I promised myself to diet but so far I'm doing as well as I ever did (i.e. I'm sucking at it)!!

Back