• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass

mrscinders

Hi my sister had a gastric.bypass on saturday and was feeling.fine first day but has felt sick since sunday they let her home monday as it went off then tuesday she was crying with the sickness and pain i took her to casulty they kept her in last night to keep an eye on her iv rang this morning she feels worse shes waiting for doctor to come round to see her to say wats happening next has anyone else suffered like this and will it go away x

Sorry to hear about your sister. It's quite normal to feel sick after a bypass, but there are many reasons for it.
Some people take longer to get over the effects of the general anesthetic after surgery, but if your sister is in pain it could be trapped wind because we are pumped with gas during the op to inflate the stomach area for the cameras and things. It's hard to know exactly what the issue is here but your sis is in hospital being checked on so that's good. I hope she gets better soon x

Thank you she is getting dye put in her tummy and having a scan today incase staples have come apart but its just to be on the safe side x

shes fine shes walking faster than me now the.doctor said it was just her body getting used to her new pouch it only lasted for 5 days shes lost over a stone since opp shes looking great shes got cheek bones showing now just looking forward to mine now at least i know wat to expect xx

Back