• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone gone back to have the bypass after deciding not to?

louisaL

looking to make a change!
Hi all not sure if anyone remembers me.

In May 2010 I asked my doctor if I could be referred for a bypass and on 5th Nov I got an appointment for my first meeting at the clinic. In March this year I was put on the prepre milk diet and by the end of the 4 weeks I had 3lbs to go and struggled for weeks 5 and 6 on the milk I just melted and decided it wasn't for me.

I've spent the passed 6 months thinking did i do the right thing and decided I didnt and want to go for it before I make a lifetime regret. I rang the doctor on Monday and asked her if she could re refer me back to the clinic and she has agreed to.

I am unsure what the pct will decide but the clinic did say if I did decide to go back I could if I went back to my doctor to be referred.

Has anyone else done this or know anyone who has?

I've also made some good friends from this site who have had their surgeries which is a great inspiration for me!

Last edited:
Hi Louisa,
You need to be in the right frame ofmind to undertake this journey and last time was not the right time for you!
I have so many days where i talk myself out of this and need to give myself a darn good talking to its not an easy choice for any of us we all loved our food and letting go of our best friend in the world is sooooooooo hard.
I hope you get to go for it again and can look forward to a new start xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i would imagine lots have to be honest

Back