• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass

Hannahc63957

Hi all.
Im new here and have been looking for some advice unsuccessfully but finally found this which im thankful for. So i got refered in june this year (2017) so far ive been to a seminar and seen the dietition 3 times. Tommorow i have a meeting with my surgeon. Can anyone shed sone light as to what will happen here as im nervous about it. Will i find out my op date tommorow? Also how long did it take you from referal to your op. Im having mine done in james cook in Middlesbrough. Sorry to waffle im just really nervous about it. Many thanks.
Hannah x

Welcome. I am not the same hospital as you but as a guideline today you should expect to have a discussion with your surgeon about what op you will have. I see you have seen dietitian. Have you seen other members of the team such as the pysychologist?

Hopefuly you have done your research on the different procedures. You are very unlikely to get a date and you will be added to the waiting list. NHS Guidlines say you should have op within 18 weeks but with the NHS in crisis, you may have to wait longer.

From seeing my GP to having my op took me 20 months.

Welcome and good luck

Hi all.
Im new here and have been looking for some advice unsuccessfully but finally found this which im thankful for. So i got refered in june this year (2017) so far ive been to a seminar and seen the dietition 3 times. Tommorow i have a meeting with my surgeon. Can anyone shed sone light as to what will happen here as im nervous about it. Will i find out my op date tommorow? Also how long did it take you from referal to your op. Im having mine done in james cook in Middlesbrough. Sorry to waffle im just really nervous about it. Many thanks.
Hannah x
Welcome Hannah. I had gastric bypass on 19 September on NHS and it took me 17 months from start to having surgery but everyone’s time frame seems different. Good luck to you xx

Hi all.
Hannah x

Hi
From my first appointment with my surgeon to my surgery date has been five and a half months (my op is Thursday 12th Oct) but as has already been said, every surgeon is different!
RJC x

Hi
From my first appointment with my surgeon to my surgery date has been five and a half months (my op is Thursday 12th Oct) but as has already been said, every surgeon is different!
RJC x

Thanks for your reply. I saw my surgeon yesturday and hes happy with my progress lost 6kg out of the 10 i need to. I see the psycologist next thursday then back to see the surgeon beginning of november and he said if ive lost my remaining weight ill get my op date. Im excited but nervous at the same time :D:D

Back