• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi im a newbie x

cazmic6

Hi im Caroline from stockton on tees im waiting to hear about a bypass ive been to the seminar which was march 6th and my first appointment is the 12th april im 1 of those people that worry about everything but im excited and nervous, i have 4 children 11,9,6 and 9 months and im doing it for them mainly as i cant do much in the way of playing outside and going on rides at theme parks i just want to be healthy for my children just hope its not 2 long as my mind works overtime when i worried. x

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't know much about the NHS waiting list etc but Im sure someone will be along in a bit with more info. good luck x

thanks for replying ive been told between 3-5 months and its been 5 weeks already so think it mite be abit longer x

Hi caroline and welcome to the forum. What most of us get worried about is the unknown,and having joined here there will not much that remains unknown! Good luck, Slaz x

Welcome! You're doing the right thing for your kids! My kids feel like they have a new happy mum it's amazing

thanks everyone ive been reading a few posts and feel alot better knowing that i havent heard anyone say they regret getting it done. I just cant wait now to start mine and my familys new life x:family2:

HI Cazmic6 if you look at the thread Darlington coffee n chat weight loss group there are a lot of people fromn your area who have had bypass and sleeves they have started a meeting up there as well. xxx

Hiya Cazmic6, welcome to the forum. There's a few of us on here who have had the bypass/ sleeve done at the North Tees hospital. We do sometimes meet at Darlington and in Stockton too. There are threads dedicated to these meetings.

Been to see the nurse today Sarah and the dietitian everything went well I've lost my target weight so just have to keep doing what I'm doing. I'm booked in to see Dr Gopinath on the 28th May then hopefully I will get a date for surgery. :)

Congrats on getting your surgery date :)

Hi sleevegirl I haven't got a surgery date just yet but thank you its just to meet Dr Gopinath but hopefully won't be to long before I have my date :)

Ohh sorry I mis-read your post, I thought you had your surgery date :) Sorry hun.

I look forward to hearing all about your journey :)

Saw Sara yesterday on my 6 moth check, very pleased with me so far and has asked me to do a talk at a future seminar in September - to encourage more men to come forward.

Saw Sara yesterday on my 6 moth check, very pleased with me so far and has asked me to do a talk at a future seminar in September - to encourage more men to come forward.

I bet that will be scary but such a good idea too xx

Back