• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calling All Plication patients

crzydoglady

Hi All

Im looking to have the gastric plication procedure as I have been told it is quicker recovery from the sleeve as well as less problems with nutrient absorption (as well as options for reversal if ever required later in life)

Has anyone on here had the plication procedure and so far how much weight have you lost? Is it the same weight loss levels as the sleeve or is it a lot slower for weight loss? How soon were you back on your feet? Also Im looking at using Beautiful Beings, has anyone had any experience of them please?

I know lots of questions but this is a big step for me and I want to make sure I go with the right option. I have been fighting my weight for 6 yrs now and I just want to get it under control as I am a very busy/active person with my dogs but just cant seem to drop the lbs :(

thanks for any and all help on this x

Hi Crzydoglady.

Although I had the sleeve, I wanted to comment as during my research I came across the plication procedure. I spoke to many companies offering WLS and had 3 initial consultations. It was only Beautiful Beings that recommended the plication procedure (even after I'd asked about a sleeve, the lady on the phone was quite insistent I look at plication) so after speaking to them I researched a bit more.

For me, I wanted a permanent procedure, and one of the selling points of the plication is that it's potentially reversible, that didn't make it appeal. Secondly, although there are risks with any procedure, I personally didn't like the idea that the plication could potentially become unstitched. I think the problem was the woman on the phone, who was very 'pro' plication, kept calling it a wrap and I couldn't help but focus on an M&S Duck tortilla wrap that always used to fall apart when I ate it.

However, all this is entirely your decision. Many don't like the sleeve because it is permanent and they take half your stomach out of your body. Many don't like the band because it can slip and have blockages, and the same for the bypass, the malabsorption doesn't appeal to many. So each procedure has its lovers and haters. Hopefully, someone who has had a plication will pop along and tell you the benefits as my opinion is obviously not based on practical experience, just a thought process.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

In real terms I've lost 100% of my excess weight which means I now have a normal BMI. However, I am a slow loser and I am a drinker (wine which is obviously calorific), so my losses have been slow. I'd still like to shift another stone. Other sleevers have had much faster losses.

Hi All

Im looking to have the gastric plication procedure as I have been told it is quicker recovery from the sleeve as well as less problems with nutrient absorption (as well as options for reversal if ever required later in life)

Has anyone on here had the plication procedure and so far how much weight have you lost? Is it the same weight loss levels as the sleeve or is it a lot slower for weight loss? How soon were you back on your feet? Also Im looking at using Beautiful Beings, has anyone had any experience of them please?

I know lots of questions but this is a big step for me and I want to make sure I go with the right option. I have been fighting my weight for 6 yrs now and I just want to get it under control as I am a very busy/active person with my dogs but just cant seem to drop the lbs :(

thanks for any and all help on this x
Hello everyone. Im a Newbie. Ive just joined the first forum of my life. Im really pleased to find you. I have an appointment with my surgeon in Spain on TUesday. I arranged plication 12 months ago then backed out for a few reasons. I talked with my husband and got a personal trainer and tried to diet every monday. Im the same weight as I was 12 months ago, so im back to square one. So off to talk to the surgeon again and decide if the plication is for me. I would love to hear your experiences and more than anything success stories. Of course if you want to warn me about anything Im all ears. I used to be slim but my family are all big and it has been a life battle. Im really hoping to get back to a goal weight that will see me through life without heart problems and diabetes like the rest of my family. xx

Back