• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any postive feedback on Xenical

julie64

My doctor has just perscribed this for me. I was feeling really happy about this, but having read all the negative comments am not so sure now whether to give it a try. Does anyone have any good feedback.

Thanks in advance!!

HI
I woudl deffo try them
I am onthem but dont have all three a day as i hardly ever have breakfast
make sure you either take one before a meal or after, dont leave it longer than an hour thugh as it does not work (so i have been told)
dont take one if you only have say a banana as ther is no fat in it.
dont eat anything that is fatty ie. a kebab lol you will regret it.
make sur eyou have tonnes of toilet roll in and bleach for the toilet to get rid of the orange fatty poo (too much info I know but hey its not very nice)
They worked for me when i had them almost 4 years ago but this time no they dont seem to be working great but them nor are my eating habits. I think if yo can stick to a low fat dit they will work.
xx good luck

I was prescribed this years ago but sadly it did not work for me as I could not handle the side effects.

All I can say is this, if you want to try it, do. What may work for one may not work for another.

You have to work really hard and eat really low fat or a change of knickers might be needed.:(

Thank you guys, I will give them a try but keep away from fatty foods! Fatbutnot4eva, how much weight did you loose and how quickly?

Thanks again.

Thanks Caz, I guess there not the miracle thing that I had hoped for. There is a new seaweed based thing coming out soon, makes you feel bloated and full up, might be better option!

Hi
The effects of eating fatty foods whilst on Xenical are pretty horrific - most users will have similar embarrassing stories about "accidents", particularly in the early days - but thats what makes you change your diet ultimately and by eating as low as fat a diet as possible i managed to minimise the effects and lost 2 stone in a very short time. Unfortunately you cannot eradicate these effects totally as most foods have a small trace of fats and as said in a previous post it helps to be prepared and have access to a loo. I only had to come off them because i changed to a job where i visit people in their homes and they are not always the kind of places you want to be using their facilities !!, otherwise i would still be on them.
Like most weight loss meds, they aren't for everyone - but i would recommend giving them a try. They are the safest of the prescription drugs, so always a good starting point.
Good luck

Hi
I lost around 2 and half to 3 stone I think, in about 6 months. This time it much slower I started them a year ago after my son was born and I was 20stone 5 I am now just under 19 stone so a stone and a half in 12 months but I goto the gym 3 - 5 times a week which I think has moved this small amount fo weight.
It if deffo not a wonder drugnor a quick fix and as soon as you stop taking them the weight goes straight back on and more - unless you carry on with teh very low fat diet (which I find impossible)
I wish you lots of luck with them and any questions email me and i will trymy best to help. I woul get on teh MAP programme to their details shoudl be on the box, they send you tonnes of stuff info magazines, and free gifts like tape measures, pedometers etc...
they also phone you every few weeks to see how you are getting on
xx
helen

Xenical didn't work too well for me either, but you should take it because should you ever want to move on to WLS of any kind you will need your Doctor to tell the hospital that you've tried everything to lose weight. ;)

i had no probs with them at all, i stuck to a low fat diet and never had side effects i only stopped them because they did not mix with something else i had to go on but id def recommend giving them a go. i found reductil worked even better weightloss wize for me tho

Thank you guys, you have been great! I think I will give them a try as I have nothing to lose apart from weight oh and my dignity lol should I have an embarassing accident!!

I was wondering, if I want to go out and have a nice meal and not worry about the diet how long do I stop them to stop the side effects. I would imagine as you have to take them before a meal, a day without taking the would probably be ok?

All meals are nice aren't they? :D

I think it's best to try and opt for low fat choices even when you go out. By prescribing this medication the doctor wants you to relearn how to eat and if you cheat and decide to have a day off, then it doesn't really help with the long term big picture.

But see how you go....:)

All meals are nice aren't they? :D

I think it's best to try and opt for low fat choices even when you go out. By prescribing this medication the doctor wants you to relearn how to eat and if you cheat and decide to have a day off, then it doesn't really help with the long term big picture.

But see how you go....:)

Thank you, but the doctor didn't suggest them, I asked her to give them to me. I think (and I apologise as I am a newbie so sorry) that I posted on the wrong part of the forum. I am not waiting for surgery, I am about three stone over weight (13 stone) and would for health reasons like to get down to what I should be (10.5).

I do want to learn to eat sensibly but I do also want to say on my birthday have the odd treat now and again.

Sorry for being a bit blonde and posting in the wrong place.

Thanks for your advice. ;)

Hi there, not tried these myself but a friend did, and it wasn't good at all, but not everything works for everybody or we all wouldn't be on here would we, give it a go but be careful with them the side effects if you get them can be rearly nasty. x

oww i had thease about 7 months ago omg lol one time i went to a bbq and had some chicken and some ribs and all of a sudden i just farted ahahahah tmi i know and all this fatty stuff came throught my bottoms and staned the bench i was so embarressed lol so made sure i watched wht went in my mouth ahahahah aslo i found they did work for me but could not stand the side afects gd luck never know u might get on with them x x

LOL Kee hope no one saw.
I was shopping with hubby and kids and got back to car sat down and "trumped" and well tmi !!!! stained the car seat uuuuuwwww !!!!

lol orlistat the joys

id say if there in your system you cant hide from it by missing the one tablet its not as bad but you can still expect side effects i had a bad incident when i first went on them had a chinese for lunch and walking back to car i farted. and it stinks not like normal poop its different but its a buggar to get rid of if it gets on your car fabric lol

can u have orlistat with the band, is it safe i doubt gp would prescribe it but could get hands on some think iv still got aload in cupboard. i cant see how would hurt just thinking would give wl a boost

I did'nt like it, but my Aunty did really well on it.

i tired these twice. The first time they helped me a lot and i lost nearly 2 stone within about 8 months on them and i didnt suffer too much with the side effects. The 2nd time i tried them which was last year they didnt work for me but that was because of other medication i was taking. Everyone is different and the weight loss and side effects are different for everyone.

Good luck though and hope it helps you get to your goal.

Back