• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric sleeve on saturday!

amzj

I'm going in for gastric sleeve Saturday. I'm 22 & exstremly nervous,& also excited. who has also had this done ? Any regrets ? And how long is the wait before you went back to gym? ?

Hello amzj
welcome and all the very best for Saturday! Ihad a bypass and dont regret it for a single second only wish I done it at your age.
im planning on taking up a gym soon but now walking to work around 1.5 miles a day then on the go at work

Hi Amzj,

I had the sleeve done 2.5 weeks ago and still in the early stages of recovery. Walk as soon as you can after the op but don't overdo it. Just walk as your main exercise for the first few weeks. I was told to only do strenuous exercise or go to the gym after 6 weeks. I'm hoping to start swimming once my 6 weeks is over.
Don't worry about your op. It'll be over before you know it!!
All the very best for Saturday and keep us posted. X

Sorry just re-read your post and realise you are going in this Saturday. I am 4 days post op and feeling good. I little bit of pain and it hard to get all my liquid down but trying my best. I couldn't resist and weighed myself today and I've lost 9 lbs! I was very nervous before my op as I have 3 small children but so far I don't regret my decision at all! All the best of luck. Xx

Thank you guys. For your comments its good reading them, My untie has had a sleeve done & she said the best thing I can tell you is that I wish I had done it younger. It's a good peace of mind, I'm just so nervous, of going go sleep & waking up in a world of pain, I train 6 days a week as it is, I love running, so I guess it will be hard for me to stop I think maybe 4 weeks is safe. After the operation, has anyone felt hungry at all?

Hi good luck!!!!
I had my sleeve 7 months ago and love it.
I dont go to the gym, my advice is take your recovery slowly, giggling your guts around before they heal is not a good idea and you will only be managing a few hundred calories a day to start. If you read my diary you will see how i was post op.
Good luck im sure you will love it but it can be a challange!

Good luck, I had my operation end of February, running is still difficult (tried to train, insides hurt) my surgeon also mentioned 6 weeks rest before I go to playing basketball.

Tules, it's only been just over 2 weeks for your op and I can't believe you are running so early on!!!! No wonder why your insides hurt!!! Don't overdo it, especially as you're going back to work soon too!!! X

I am already back at work :(
Yes learnt my lesson, although the scars healed well, underneath still sore of course. Taking it easy. Body does need to heal and adjust, especially with this low calorie intake.

How are you sweetie?

Oh dear Tules! You're already back at work? How's that going? Hope you haven't been pushed or squashed on the tube!!
It's Sod's law. I feel really motivated and rearing to go and yet I can't!!
Today is the first time that I couldn't face any lunch - neither soup nor shake. I dread to think what my total calorie count has been today!!

Can't wait for Sunday so I can move onto the puréed stage!!! Yum!! Xx

Back