• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This is what i got given what a joke

Tinkerbellx

Right i got given this and goes against everything I have ever been told by a nut..... After three years I'm more messes in the head now than I have ever been with food .....

THIS IS ONLY A SUGGESTION AND PLEASE DO NOT STICK TO RIGIDLY AS IT IS IMPORTANT TO EAT THE FOODS THAT YOU ENJOY. FURTHER INFORMATION IS BEING SENT IN THE POST RE: PORTION SIZES, MAKING HEALTHIER CHOICES AND THE EAT WELL PLATE.

Breakfast:
o Portion of cereal with milk
o Slice of toast and piece of soft fruit
o Yoghurt and piece of fruit
o Toast and egg
o Cereal bar

Mid morning
o Piece of fruit
o Latte
o Teacake/crumpet
o Cereal bar
o Portion of nuts/dried fruit

Lunch
o Salad with cheese/meat/seeds
o Sandwich
o Quiche
o Grain e.g. cous cous/quinoa/bulgar wheat with overcooked vegetables and meat
o Sushi
o Cereal/porridge

Mid afternoon
o As above

Evening meal:
o Mash, beans and cheese
o Grain, meat and vegetables
o Home made pizza
o Bolognese with a carbohydrate e.g. toast
o Beans on toast
o Jacket potato with cheese, beans, coleslaw, fish - any topping. Try to avoid the skin but eat the middle as this will be softer
o Omelette/frittata
o Stir fry
o Lasagne/mousakka
o Shepherds pie/fish pie

Mid afternoon and mid morning ideally you want a snack to provide sufficient energy to keep you going throughout the day

Evening meal will be anything you can tolerate but ideally, as with lunch, you want to have a carbohydrate based meal with some protein and some fruit or veg.

Key elements to a healthy balanced diet:
o Aim for 5 fruit and vegetables a day - over cook the vegetables so they are soft and easily broken down by the body. Tinned fruit and vegetables tend to be softer and may be more easily tolerated. Fruit/vegetable juice counts as one portion of your five a day
o Have a carbohydrate based meal. An ideal portion of carbohydrate would be - 30-40g cereal, 2 egg sized potatoes, 1 medium slice bread, 1 crumpet, 3 ryvita/crackers, 90g cooked cous cous/quinoa/bulghar wheat
o Aim for 3 portions of calcium rich foods a day - 200ml milk, pot of yoghurt, 30g cheese, 90g cottage cheese
o Aim for 2-3 portions of protein rich foods a day - 1 egg, half a tin of beans, 100g meat. Have the soft types of meat e.g. fish, meat in a sauce, mince, quorn may also be softer and more tolerated by your body
o High fat/high sugar foods are more easily over consumed therefore try and limit how often these are eaten.

Which bit do you think is a joke?

I was thinking that too Mickie, it looks pretty good to me apart from the line that says that lunch and the evening meal should be carb based!!

This is very much like the format I was given by my dietician. It follows the British Heart Foundation Guidelines (not the BHF Diet found on line) and books. Mostly carbs, low protien and very low fat

Who has given this advice.....were the suggesting it for now or post op?

im confused tink, you had your op in 2008 ?,you need to lose 10lb to reach your goal? , x

The carb thing seems wrong to me. I thought we were meant to have more protein?

I am a pre op novice so what do I know, but it does sound carb heavy?

I hope you only have to pick one from each section
cos I couldn't eat that lot now .....
might have been able to pre-op :rolleyes::8855:

I was always told protein was the main stay and it seems carb heavy to me... i have only just been referred to nut.... I advised her that bread pasta and rice did not agree with nor does cereal or cereal bars dumping effect .......

Whats nut?Nutricianist?Get back to them and say its not suitable.Even if you are so far out from surgery you shouldnt be having so many carbs,otherwise it seems fine to me.

i don't even eat that much at the mo and i'm pre op.............can't lose any weight though .......................unless i'm sleep eating

i don't even eat that much at the mo and i'm pre op.............can't lose any weight though .......................unless i'm sleep eating

Lol ! I'm a sleep eater for sure.
Eat like a sparrow when I'm awake.
I just sleep alot !!

Tinx- why have you been referred darlin'?

I have no opinion except this...

YAY KARLOS XXXX (ps good to see you dude x)

Back