• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastrix band

jlb5686

hi guys.
im jumping the gun a bit but im wondering how quickly people weight came off after a band? my op is monday and I dont know what to expect. some things ive read say 2lbs a week then I see othere things where the weight has just fallen off?
I dont want to get my hopes up.
thanx

Hi jlb, I found a graph that gives some rates. I find it useful as a guide but who knows what will actually happen?!? :0)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't post links to external websites/blogs on the forum.

I have removed the link from your post.

There really is no way to calculate it. It depends on so much- exercise, metabolism, diet etc.

My provider gave me a guideline of 2lbs a week. So far, I've been averaging 4lbs a week and am now 6 weeks out from surgery so I'm very happy with the rate if weight loss but accept that it's likely to decline over the coming months.

average loss is 1-2lb a week and it varies from person to person, it's really a case of seeing how it us for you :)

Hi Jlb
I think it as others have said, depends on the person, how much they have to loose, lots of things really. I seem to be doing quite well in loosing at the mo, but will see the real test when Im back on real food!

Back