• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

booked for consaltation.nervous

jlb5686

hiya. im completely new to this. im 28 and a mum of 3. my bmi is 42. ive got a consaltation with the hospital group nxt week to discuss a gastric band. im very nervous but even more excited. I just dont know what to expect pre and post op. any advice and tips wud be fab. thanx

Hi, I'm with the Hosp group, currently 6 months post band, don't regret a thing so far. It's not easy and it's not a quick fix and won't change your life if your not willing to change yourself in certain aspects but it's amazing. I'm a different person, I only started with a 33.5 BMI so I was overweight/obese ( 16.2 St and now weight 10st 11 ) I too have a family and I'm 31 .

I wish you all the luck in the world with your consultation - go in open minded and ask Loadsa questions.

Feel free to Hola on here if you need to. There's great support here ;-) xx

thanx for the replies. I gues my biggest worry is that im still guna be able to eat as mych as I can now. or will it physicaly stop me being able to? I hope so. ow comgrats on ur amazing weight loss x

hiya. im completely new to this. im 28 and a mum of 3. my bmi is 42. ive got a consaltation with the hospital group nxt week to discuss a gastric band. im very nervous but even more excited. I just dont know what to expect pre and post op. any advice and tips wud be fab. thanx
I'm new to this too but I'm going down nhs route which I'm sure will take longer. Good luck with your consultation x

thanx hun. I tried nhs route but ther refused as said im not big enough even though I had a bmi of 40 at the time. I hope u dont have a long wait. good luck x

Good luck with your consultation!

As BandedHun said, you HAVE to be prepared to change - your eating, your lifestyle, whatever it takes to make it work.

Eat less and better + move more = success xx

yep. im ready for it.all I hope is that it reduces my apitite. I went to my gp this morn to get his opinion on it. he said he gives me 'the grean light'. he said that it has a very high sucsess rate. so im feeling much more positive x

thanx hun. I tried nhs route but ther refused as said im not big enough even though I had a bmi of 40 at the time. I hope u dont have a long wait. good luck x

Really my gp says if bmi is over 40 you qualify I would appeal it would save you a lot of money x

I hink its the trust im in. they have very tight criteria. and apart from an undrractive thyroid I dont have any viable co morbitities. im very lucky coz my dad has just retired so my parents have offered to pay the £4995! otherwise it wud take me literaly yrs to save up. just wana have my consaltation so I have all the facts on what to expect before I book. they said that I cud have it done begining of nov though so very quick. how long is he nhs waiting list? I hope u dont have to wait long. have u had ur consaltation yet? x

BMI over 40 or 35 with co-morbidities are only the guidelines set by NICE.

In reality it really does depend where you live, you used to be able to find the PCT's individual criteria on the BOSPA website. However since PCT's were scrapped I haven't found what criteria the Clinical Commissioning Groups work to.

I hink its the trust im in. they have very tight criteria. and apart from an undrractive thyroid I dont have any viable co morbitities. im very lucky coz my dad has just retired so my parents have offered to pay the £4995! otherwise it wud take me literaly yrs to save up. just wana have my consaltation so I have all the facts on what to expect before I book. they said that I cud have it done begining of nov though so very quick. how long is he nhs waiting list? I hope u dont have to wait long. have u had ur consaltation yet? x
Not yet but spoke to the bariatric department at homerton and they said they have received my referral and I will get a letter in post for an appointment for in the nx 6 wks. Also my doc did apply to pct and they said it's up to consultant at homerton to decide whether I have surgery as funding is done by NHS ENGLAND not by local trusts anymore a bit confusing if you ask me so will have to wait and see x

Back