• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GAYNOR AND BRETT

hi marge ive text gaynor and im waiting for a reply, brett is at home and is resting, he will come back to the forum when he feels ready to x

ive just had a reply from gaynor, shes still n
not seen no one from yesterday to explain what happened when she went back to theatre, which i think is appauling, shes had another problem she says that the right side of her face has drooped and her right eye is almost shut, so shes been waiting since 6pm for the SHO to come and see her about this but yet again its now 10.30pm and no one has come to see her yet.

ive told her this is appauling care and demand to get some one to see her now, im gobsmacked that no 1 has even bothered to explain whats happened to her.

liz

i will contact her again tomorrow and see whats going on x

God that facial droop sounds very serious and should be looked at asap. She couldve had a stroke or TIA, and the docs need to get off their arse. Especially as she has other health problems
Hope everything is ok. x

As posted on the other thread

Just heard back from Gaynor, she says she is doing ok, her face is almost back to normal and she is not sluring as much and hopes to be home tomorrow.

she has spoken to the dr's it was a TIA which she has often, as she put it surviving the op was the biggest hurdle and she has done that the rest is all uphill now :)

she deserves a medal for always being so upbeat....

Glad shes improving. Thanks for the update. Hope shes home soon xx

i also had the same text.

Thanks for the posts about Gaynor... poor darling... Gaynor hope you now go from strength to strength get well soon Gaynor...

Looking forward to having both Gaynor and Brett back whenever that may be - it's been a quieter place without them

Sending hugs with fairy dust to them both xx

im here on the outside .. don't feel up to posting loads right now i have hardly had laptop on..

but im getting there longing for the day of feeling normal. had many mixed reactions to what i have done to my self. and can not wait for the day i can say im pleased about what i did .

i know it will come sometime..

but had little mash and mince.. and fish in sauce.. stayed down fine. its fluids i have pains with.. but on ice Lolly's and loving them.

so im still resting loads and building energy.

its all took so much out of me. i have not weighed my self yest i do know i have lost 2 stone since liver shrink diet and 4 days after op .. but not been weighed since..

so im here people just reading and looking about and im fine. thanks everyone xx

Brett

Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know how you are. I have been worried about you along with everybody else. I was thinking I should have tried to come visit you when you were in hospital but guessed the last thing you needed was people you didn't know to well bothering you.

What has happened to you has probably caused just as much psychological harm as it has physical. It will take time for your mind to process it all properly and that certainly won't begin to happen until you have started to physically heal.

Well done on losing the 2 stone + although I'm sure that's the last thing on your mind right now. Try not to expect to much in terms of weight loss just at the moment, it's not the main priority.

Brett, are they trying to work out why fluids are causing you such a problem?

Anyway hun, I hope your road to recovery is swifter than it has been thus far. Take care and hope to speak soon Xx Phoebe

Brett - so pleased to read your post. Your mind must be split into - is this pain as a result of the op or is it to do with the chest infection. Try not to worry, but take each day as it comes. It's my i week anniversary today and i do feel better. really tired and burpy. But i can feel that i am slowly getting better. Sorry didn't mean to talk about me, but i just want to let you know that i can empathise. Ice lollies are great aren't they?! All the best. xx

Back