• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GB Surgery, Thursday this week

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Well
I am sitting at my computer feeling rather worried to say the least,
You see I'm not the standard Bander, Im a lot older than most of you but I feel I am doing the right thing

Both my daughters have had the surgery and have lost loads of weight, so it finally spurred me on

I'm on day 6 Milk diet and let me tell you, Boy I have found it hard going, I would just love some soup instead of milk, I'm just wanting something savoury, any ideas how to get through the last 2 days...Oxo cube isn't quite the same as a hot mug of soup, Oh what I would do for a soup, lol

Well I'm loving looking at all your wonderful threads, many of you are true inspirations!!!:)

I'm having a bypass Thursday, but no milk diet I've just had low sugar low fat.

Could murder some toast though.

Good luck on Thursday!

Hello and welcome!:)

The milk diet is grim, but it's very short-term. When it's driving you mad just keep reminding yourself of the goal. It'll be done before you know it!

try to use it as a focus, post band there are a lot of changes to be made diet wise, but it's important to stick to your pre-op guidelines just as it is when your band is there. The end result and the surgery going ahead should be the only motivation you need to get past these few days you've got left :)

I'm having a bypass Thursday, but no milk diet I've just had low sugar low fat.

Could murder some toast though.

Good luck on Thursday!

OMG.... T.O.A.S.T...my mouth is watering as my husband has just had toast and it smells like heaven, lol
Oh My we are both done on Thursday!..Did you choose bypass instead of band or were you advised by your surgeon?

try to use it as a focus, post band there are a lot of changes to be made diet wise, but it's important to stick to your pre-op guidelines just as it is when your band is there. The end result and the surgery going ahead should be the only motivation you need to get past these few days you've got left :)

You are so right..this is just the beginning of many changes I must make and really I am prepared too your advise is very sound, Thank you xx:)

I can have a piece of toast for my breakfast just with extra low fat spread, and it's not the same as Lurpak so I'm just having porridge because it will fill me up longer, haha it's no wonder I'm fat.

I went in 18 months ago asking for a band they suggested the bypass because I was over 22 stones I suppose and needed to lose more, ironically I've just got on the scales and I'm 15.12 with a bmi of 38 so I wouldn't even meet the criteria now, I can't wait, How are you? Nervous?

I can have a piece of toast for my breakfast just with extra low fat spread, and it's not the same as Lurpak so I'm just having porridge because it will fill me up longer, haha it's no wonder I'm fat.

I went in 18 months ago asking for a band they suggested the bypass because I was over 22 stones I suppose and needed to lose more, ironically I've just got on the scales and I'm 15.12 with a bmi of 38 so I wouldn't even meet the criteria now, I can't wait, How are you? Nervous?

Oh My goodness extremely nervous and Im so hungry 8 days with just milk is a killer, I just want to get it over with now and the day is really dragging
How about you..have I got it right you are now 15.12 and having gastric bypass and you have already lost so much..you have done extremely well!!!
I would be so happy to get to 15 stone...:)

Back