• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is This Wrong... Help...

Mrs Quiggle

I'm beginning to think they've not actually given me a bypass. I've had half a mug of homemade chicken, leek and potato soup for dinner around 7pm now I've just forgotten myself while I was reading posts on here and drunk half a small glass of milk followed by a whole smooth set yogurt 125ml size by the teaspoon full exactly like I would have done normally. Surely I shouldn't be able to do that should I. I don't feel full or sick or anything really. This can't be right. Lots of you are only eating a couple of teaspoons of stuff before you're feeling full. I'm so worried I'm going to stretch my pouch.

Kate x

I'm beginning to think they've not actually given me a bypass. I've had half a mug of homemade chicken, leek and potato soup for dinner around 7pm now I've just forgotten myself while I was reading posts on here and drunk half a small glass of milk followed by a whole smooth set yogurt 125ml size by the teaspoon full exactly like I would have done normally. Surely I shouldn't be able to do that should I. I don't feel full or sick or anything really. This can't be right. Lots of you are only eating a couple of teaspoons of stuff before you're feeling full. I'm so worried I'm going to stretch my pouch.

Kate x

Everyone is different, Kate ... I was like you. I can now eat anything, just not a lot, but the reason you can do this with soup is because it goes straight through you. Wait til you try something more substantial, like chicken. You will soon get the hang of what foods are giving you the 'full' feeling. xxx :):)

But on my diet sheet it says when you are full stop (even when just drinking water) as otherwise you can stretch your pouch.

Also I have had the most vile taste in my mouth for days now. I've just brought some Listerine today to try and get rid of it. Has anyone else had this. I wouldn't want to kiss me right now.

Kate x

But on my diet sheet it says when you are full stop (even when just drinking water) as otherwise you can stretch your pouch.

Also I have had the most vile taste in my mouth for days now. I've just brought some Listerine today to try and get rid of it. Has anyone else had this. I wouldn't want to kiss me right now.

Kate x

I had this nasty taste and its turned out I have mouth thrush and on a medicine for 7 days to combat it. After only 2 days on it my mouth is feeling much better. I think I picked it up with the antibiotics I had to take.

:sigh:

Kate x

Someone else posted about their breath this week .. don't know the answer but think it's your stomach that is producing the taste & possible bad breath as it is recovering. Are you drinking enough? Give it time, sweetie ... Also Listerine contains alcohol & not the best thing for bad breath. This time next week a lot of things will slip into place, my first 2 weeks were hell as I was constantly nauseous but only found out it was the fast tabs & soluble metformin that was causing it ... came off both & haven't looked back ... patience, my love xxx :)

Hey Kate glad you are well :)
I have had a horrible taste in my mouth for 8 days now !! Went to doctors and have been put on Nystan for mouth thrush :(
Been using it for two days
Still horrible but not as bad :(
Just have to keep brushing my teeth xx

This is a really useful thread. 10 days post-op I was feeling the same about my ability to drink fluids, but feel more at ease about it now.

I too have bad breath and a very furry tongue! I'm just not used to drinking this much milk. My surgeon has told me to stick to the liquid diet for 4 weeks....... So I now need to decide what flavour soup I want for my Xmas dinner! :eek:

Morrisons do a Roast Chicken dinner soup in the fresh chilled section. The Thai Chicken Curry soup is nice too.

Back