• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting bypass on monday and im scared

megherz

Hi everyone. I went for my pre op today and I'm scared of the procedure and going under. I'm also having difficulties w the liquid diet cause I'm so hungry. Please help !!!

sorry to hear your in a bit of a spin!
it is a scary thing to go thru I can only imagine not got to where you are yet
its normal to have a wobble so close to the op
im sure others on here can help more than I can
I wish you luck
x

Just wanted to say good luck hang on in there its not long to go now :)

You will be fine I can only speak from experience my time in hospital was a pleasant experience and I was put at ease I didn't sleepwell the night before but that nothing unusual however I just kept thinking I WILL SLEEP TOMORROW, I stayed calm all the way down it wasn't until the canula was in and I was almost off to sleep that I thought is this the right thing just pushed the thought away and I was waking up. Amazing how well ya feel really quickly, make sure you get out of bed as soon as they let you the more you move around the better you feel. It helps disperse the wind which can be bloomin painful. It was much better than I expected. xxx I walked out of that hospital 10 ft tall amazing. Just go with it. x

Hi everyone. I went for my pre op today and I'm scared of the procedure and going under. I'm also having difficulties w the liquid diet cause I'm so hungry. Please help !!!
What you are experiencing is perfectly normal. I opted for the Yogurt and SF Jelly option for my 2 week liver reduction diet, and I can honestly say I will NEVER eat another yogurt again. The hunger pangs subside after 3 to 4 days and I reached for the water bottle whenever I felt hungry.

Try not to be scared, the operation will be over before you know it. Embrace the decision you have made. I have gone from feeling ashamed, worried, concerned and scared to thinking I am amazing for taking charge of an aspect of my life that made me unhappy and unhealthy, and have done something about my weight instead of letting another week, month and year go past.

I really wish you well, and can say in all honesty that it is the best thing I have done, and I am only 3 weeks post-op. The weight is coming off and I feel good about myself.

Back