• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting the ball rolling

abergirly

Hi, newbie here! *Waves* :)

I'm off to hospital tomorrow to get the ball rolling on applying for a bypass with the nhs. I'll be seeing my consultant endocrinologist and dietitian (gp referred me to them first as he thought with their backing I may be more eligible). Then hopefully after a few appointments with them I'll be referred to swansea for their various assessments- let the jumping through hoops begin!

A bit about me- I'm 28, been overweight my entire life, initially and partly due to problems I was born with, but mainly due to a bad relationship with food and binge eating. I've tried so hard to lose weight, feel like I've been on a diet half my life! When I was 17 my doctor told me of I didn't lose weight and carried on as I was, I would be dead in 5 years. 11 years later and I'm on borrowed time, and at 36st I desperately need to do something. It took me a long time to even consider surgery, my family suggested it years ago, but I always considered it cheating. It's not, I realise that now, just wish I had looked into this sooner.

Oops bit of an essay! Been on the forum the last few days just reading stuff. The info is so helpful! Just thought it was about time I posted something :)

Hi, and welcome to the forum Abergirly. Well done for making a decision to change things for the better, regarding your health. I really hope thing work out for you.
Good Luck on your journey.

Toni:rainbow:

Welcome to the forum. At my first seminar I weighed in at 37 1/2 stone and was devastated. It's coming up to two years from that point for me, but I'm now around 31st and about to have a mini bypass in two weeks.

Good luck with your journey. It sounds like you're in the right place to start it.

Hello, welcome and good luck with the appointment x

Back