• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks post op

Gnomes

I don't seem to be getting on so well with this band as I thought I would :confused:

Just finished 2 weeks of liquids (I got so bored of soup), and this is my first night on mushy food.

In the evenings and overnight is when I seem to suffer most, it's like someone has got their hands around my ribs squeezing and then pushes on my chest, this causes me a lot of pain, I'm still having to take my painkillers.

No one else on here seem to be having this problem??

I don't know if I have just got a case of the blues but I'm not seeing the 'good' things that this band is supposed to be giving me, also I have only lost 4lbs in 2 weeks, this is very low :-(

If I am being totally honest, I'm wishing I hadn't had this done. I really don't want to sound ungrateful, but the pain and lack of weight loss, is really getting me down :sigh:

I'm sorry to sound so grumpy!!

You're still in the early days blue bit...stick with it and you'll come out the other side once the weight starts dropping. The bands are hormonal too and if you're stressed they do tighten. Try to relax and just go with the flow, and don't overdo it xx

As jo said, stick with it. I used to get wind pains when I wasn't eating enough, and it's not pleasant :cry: often weight loss can be slower just after surgery because the body is recovering from the op, adjusting to the weight loss from before the surgery and then it's trying to cling onto the tiny amounts of food being consumed now. I know once I was back up and eating normal foods again and increased my calories / protein and was following my providers guidance my losses improved and the pain was less. Now is just the time to let your body recover and for you to adjust to making the best food choices to work with your band. Also helps to set other mini goals apart from weight loss, so when the pounds are not dropping off as you would like, there can be other things you are achieving. By the way an average of 2lbs per week is good! That's over 100 pounds in a year!!! :D x

Hello , Welcome to losers side. Losing 1 - 2 lbs a week is the average for a bander so from that point of view your bang on target ...... Your still very early days and most likely to be feeling a little blue, give yourself and your body time to settle into the "band" mode and you will start too feel better. xxx

Back