• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Disney Holiday

trickyvicky

Hi everyone!

So I'm off for a holiday at Walt Disney World, Florida in September and I'm so excited! Haven't been for 4 years and that was before I put on all this weight. I'll be 10 weeks post-op from a band by then and with 5 weeks to go I only have 9 kilos to lose to hit my target weight for the holiday.

Anyway, my question is: has anyone out there been to Dis with a gastric band? If so what were your experiences? Sept in Florida is really hot so I'm worried about keeping hydrated while not getting so full I don't want to eat.

Any advice would be great!

Hi vicky, im having a sleeve this month and go to florida in November. I go to america alot so not to be able to eat as much will really change my perspective on the holiday as food is such a big part of a visit to the usa.
We are going to St Pete beach, my plan is to buy food in from the supermarket. They have a huge range of protein shakes etc as the diet industry is huge there. The biggest thing will be finding still drinks instead of sodas.
I hope you have a great time, good luck with your target weight.

Hi Trickyvicky
Sorry can not help with no advice, just want to wish you a lovely holiday.

Have a lovely time (we're going Oct 2015).

Sorry, I've got no idea on the effect with the band. I wonder whether it's worth looking for an American band forum as there will be native Floridians who have been banded and can help x

You will be fine. I've been to Antigua with my band and it made no difference.

Have a fabulous holiday!

Have a lovely time (we're going Oct 2015).

Sorry, I've got no idea on the effect with the band. I wonder whether it's worth looking for an American band forum as there will be native Floridians who have been banded and can help x

That's a great idea! Thanks! I'm actually on a Disney forum so loads of people on there and there were some old convos about having bands but nothing about how it affected their trip. Disney is just such a foody place and there is very little healthy stuff out there :confused:

Have a fabulous holiday. I've always wanted to go to disney world. Maybe one day it might happen :)

I'm going to Florida in oct next year. I hoped to be banded by then but it's not looking that way now. So back to the good old diet for me.

Where's everyone staying xx

Im going to st pete beach on the gulf of mexico, its lovely...its like the caribbean in florida!
Went to orlando last november, food food food oh dairy queen.......dairy queen does like huge mcflurry style icecreams, dangerous!
This year will be healthy food, beach walks and coastal drives! Hopefully a bit of bikini action too if the weight loss goes to plan after my sleeve.

Hi. I have been a few times, not banded yet. But I do remember there being creamy chowders and milk shakes, and if the worse same to the worst, loads of ice cream. Outside of the resort itself there will always be pasta and salads and a good variety of soups, the chains like the Olive Garden, sizzlers, ponderosa will all have soft foods. Though not exactly fine dinning...but I don't know that I would actually pay to go for fine dinning once I am banded, it would be a complete waste of money

Have fun in Florida. My first husband and I were there 6 times and travelled from the north up in Chrystal rivers right down to key west and stayed in the Everglades national park....I took my current hubby to Orlando and he hated it and won't go back, so I envy you your upcoming trip xx

Im going to st pete beach on the gulf of mexico, its lovely...its like the caribbean in florida! Went to orlando last november, food food food oh dairy queen.......dairy queen does like huge mcflurry style icecreams, dangerous! This year will be healthy food, beach walks and coastal drives! Hopefully a bit of bikini action too if the weight loss goes to plan after my sleeve.

That Coast is just gorgeous. I have driven up from the Everglades and across to the west coast and right up north. Lovely. Enjoy

And girls...it will not be about the food anymore.......it will be about shopping! Hit the outlets and get some gorgeous designer gear for those lovely new smaller bodies

I am going out to Phoenix AZ in March. I normally am restricted to shoes, bags and scarves because of my size...but not next year YIPEE!!!!

OH KAR, sorry did not reply to your question about where I'm off to in December. We are off to lanzarotte for Xmas. I have no family and tend to get a bit down at Xmas so like to go away if we can get a good deal. Love the costadeje gran hotel in Adeje Tenerife but it was a kings randsome this year so booked a nice looking hotel in a quiet resort by a harbour. Never been to lanzaroti before. Not fussed where we go just like to avoid Xmas. Bah humbug lol

Can't sleep tonight. Getting a bit stressed I think. How are you holding up?

I've been to lanzarote once it was nice! I love Xmas, I'm like a child! This year I will miss my Xmas dinner but I can still have sum turkey!!
I'm just counting down to the 26th now, at least you only have until the 20th . I haven't slept well either this week!!
I've stocked up on slim fast and been planning for the purée stage!

It's getting really close for you as well. Me, three days later Sharon then three days later your up...it will be over soon then we can get on with it

And girls...it will not be about the food anymore.......it will be about shopping! Hit the outlets and get some gorgeous designer gear for those lovely new smaller bodies

I am going out to Phoenix AZ in March. I normally am restricted to shoes, bags and scarves because of my size...but not next year YIPEE!!!!

Oh wow in may in going back to vegas and then phoenix!! We are going to do the apache trail drive and the zoo! March will be a good time it gets bloody hot in Arizona. I went in September 2012, 50 *c!!!! I like the heat but i couldnt breathe.

As for the outlets, yeh i love these! Word of advice if you have a big bum and hips, and i dont mean just because uou are big i mean because thats where you are naturally big, like j-lo, then buy the levi bold curve jeans. Amazing! Great fit, no gapping at the back. We go to the mall at Ellenton, its huge!

Oh well at least we have holidays to look forward to!!

I was there 2 years ago, amazing place then took a quick flight up to vegas! amazing on another level of busy lol!

Im hoping to go over to vegas next year to see friends that live there but i dont know when to go as i want to lose as much weight as possible be at least a size 16 for going...im a 22-24 just now! xx

Yeh get us!! I love holidays, its the only thing that keeps me going!! But it will be nice not to spend 2 weeks stuffing my face, gaining half a stone and feeling bloated and unwell!

Vegas is great, we are just trying to decide which hotel to stop in next May, some of those hotels are amazing. God i cant wait to get back out there!!!

Well another day nearer our ops!!!

Back