• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gitters, do i go ahead or not? 29/03

BandedHun

I'm getting glitters, I'm awaiting a call to pay and confirm my sat 29th march band .... I've come over all glittery. Like will this really change my life that much. I've read everyone's stories and as far no one, even those who didn't get along really regretted it.

I'm a big wuss when it comes to pain and doing this alone and knowing ill have my OH ESP if I suffer after saying to me , "your own fault" is scaring the sh!t outta me.

Infact when I read that comment I think to myself what OH would actually be like that with there supposed future wife?!?

Maybe it will give me strength doing it alone and achieving it?

Oh jeez I'm in a bad place this morning..... I'm so miserable inside and this has given me hope but I'm so very worried about this 'foreign object malarkey and my body rejecting it?!?!

Is it manageable really?

Sorry I just seem to need reassurance
X

No-one can really tell you whether to go ahead. That is a decision only you can make and a question only you can answer, but what I would say, is if you're not 100% sure then stop. Give yourself more time to think about it. A week or two won't make a difference, but it will give you the chance to look further.

Jitters are normal. Even when I knew that I was making the right decision I had them, and I'd researched for over 7 years, it is a big decision and it's hard when we don't have people around us supporting us in that decision either.

Life with a band is completely manageable. Things go wrong. Things can go wrong with any weight loss surgery. Things can go wrong with anything. Its weighing up the pros the cons, the fors and against - even doing a list. Write down your motivations, and get those thoughts out :)

As for the pain, some people have more pain than others, some people suffer from wind pain and others don't. There's no real knowing but you can take pain relief and have fairly strong stuff to help you through it. Unfortunately nobody can say to you whether your body will reject it, but knowing that there are possibilities and ways that they can go wrong up front enables you to make an informed choice.

Sometimes you can follow the guidelines and have something go wrong and somtimes its simply "bad luck" there is no way of knowing who this may happen to. But there are a LOT of positive stories and only you can decide where you want to go moving forward.

But if you have any doubts, don't rush into booking, take your time to make sure you know its the right decision for you :)

I think most people will have last minute doubts I did on the run up to my bypass not about the op but about how my life would change afterwards, if your not 100% sure put it on hold for a while.

The unknown can be scarey definitely. Its a lot of money to spend if you are not 100% sure ... Having said that, the only thing in life that is certain is that we will all pop our clogs one day however long that journey may be ... The frightening/exciting/interesting/rewarding bit is how we each reach there ... Good luck with your decision. Do what you think is right for you x

I'm feeling better about it today, ESP as I managed yesterday ok food wise. All the comments have really helped reassure me. I just hope I'm not one of those unlucky ones. I'll try my hardest to look after myself and see what happens after.

Having booked it and paid I do feel like there's hope in my life again which can only be a good thing ?

good luck for tomorrow :)

Back