• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I lost it today

Thanku Becca and the same too you

xx

A month with parents?:cry: I would be inside Broadmore after a week with them!

The problem with toxic parents (I have a really toxic set) is that they know exactly what buttons to push. As the others say try no to make any rash decisons babe be strong....its about what YOU want for yourself not what other people tell you is good for you. xxxx

You can't give up Bec because then that will give further ammunition to your parents - and remember you are going to be on the BEST LOSER team and it will open up a whole new world for you.

Looking forward to hearing all about your post-op successes and seeing the confidence it will give you - you are a star:party0011:sending hugs with fairy dust

Here's my pre-op I was given. It's pretty comprehensive. Its 800-1000 cals a day -

OK I've been avoiding typing mine out cos its sooooo long winded lol but here goes...
Because I have damaged kidneys I can't have salty foods, so wasn't allowed to do my surgeons standard on of bovril/oxo/clear soups/jelly.
Breads, cereals, and potatoes - 3 portions per day
3 tbsp breakfast cereal
1 weetabix
3 tbsp dry porridge oats or 1 sachet instant porridge
1 slice bread (pref wholemeal)
1/2 bread roll, bagel
1/2 tortilla wrap, 1/2 chapatti, or 1/2 pitta bread
2 rice cakes
2 tbsp cooked pasta, cooked rice or cous-cous
1 boiled or jacket potato (egg size)
2 tbsp mashed potato
3 crisp breads or crackers
Milk and dairy food - 2 portions per day

300ml skimmed milk
200ml semi skimmed milk
1 diet yoghurt or fromage frais
Fruit and vegetables
1 peice of fruit
Vegetables/salad - include with lunch and evening meal
Meat, fish and alternatives - 2 portions per day
50g lean beef, pork, lamb, chicken or oily fish
2 grilled sausages
75g white fish or 3 fish fingers (grilled)
1 small Quorn fillet
2 eggs (poached, boiled or scrambled)
2 lean rashers bacon (grilled)
1/2 bowl (medium) lentil or bean soup
3 heaped tbsp reduced fat houmous
3 tbsp baked beans or cooked kidney beans, butter beans, chick peas
25g hard cheese
50g low fat soft cheese
Up to 100g low fat cottage cheese
In addition
15g low fat margarine or 2 tsp low fat mayo
Plus atleast 4 pints fluids.
This is for 10 days, followed by 4 days clear fluids, which consists of -
Black tea or coffee
Sugar free pops and squashes
Clear apple juice - 3 small glasses across day
Sugar free ice lollies
Sugar free jellies
(normally would be allowed clear sieved soups and oxo/bovril etc)
All way through need multivitamin supplement daily.

thanks for the diet sheet shel, im sure it will be very helpful.

cheers

liz xxxx

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time.
Hang in there, you'll soon be back in your own home x

Your pre op diet sheet sounds like the same one they gave me....not much info on it, is there?

Good luck with your up coming surgery and keep you chin up :) xx

thanks so much shel! :)

ive called them today, and someone is going to get back to me so fingers crossed :)

yeah kell, theres not much info on it, its a bit of a mine feild!

thanks for all the support from everyone, im feeling much better today :)
.x.

Hi IROx yes i am near Elgin and it's been persisting down with rain all day today, was at Inverness shopping with Grandaughters yesterday and weather was rotten! I want some summer for a change. The sun has definatly not got his hat on here. hope you are feeling more in control and not letting the olds bug you to much. cultivate a deaf ear, I do!

lol, sounds about right for inverness!!! Weather isnt much better here mind!
Ahhh i just cant wait to get back to scotland! (i used to live in auldearn, so just near nairn, not far from elgin i guess, as i used to go there for lipotrim) but now im next to loch ness... beats leeds any day of the week!
lol
.x.

Well glad you are feeling spotty dog today! Lets hope you are back home soon, i'm sure that you are real exited now good luck to you, speak soon, pat

Don't give up!.........If you do......Just think about where you'll be in a month, or a year from now...You will still be longing to be lighter and your family will still be there too.

I know you (and probably your family too) are getting a little more tense the closer to your date you get...but when you are how you want to be, you will have so much more confidence and a lot more strength to handle all the stuff that life throws at you.

Take Care

xXx

Back