• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will I not be able to go through with my surgery?!

Hope your ok and all is gone well xx

Bless you, as others have explained the lrd is purely to shrink the liver so they can move it out of the way of where they need to work, weight loss really is just an added bonus and varies between each individual.
Very good luck for tomorrow we will budge up a make a space for you on the losers bench sears bench.
Check back in when your up to it xx

Thank you so much! Xx

Hi all!

Thank you all for your kind words and support!

I am so sorry I had not replied sooner..... I hadn't because.... I managed to lose a total of 12lbs in the end on the hospital scales! And my op happened Tuesday morning!

Tuesday was a complete right off for me; I was totally zonked the whole day. My fiancé sat with me most of Tuesday afternoon and evening even though I was asleep ! So I didn't even talk to him lol .he was as just sat with me the whole to me!

Wednesday was a better day; I was more human and awake! Then is when I saw the dent on my left wisi of my abdomen and the incision marks. I found it very difficult to drink (although I was thirsty) because I had so much trapped gas. (tmi lol)

Thursday I went a little down hill and had to stay in another night .I just didn't feel right and felt quite poorly.

I went home on Friday and as I was living moving a lot more, I have had such little trapped gas pain but I can now feel my left side aching .

But, it is quite a major operation so I would feel it lol.

I only had water Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and finally felt a little hungry on Friday. So I've been having sips of thin soup and sips of juice and low calorie hot chocolate. I can finally release gas a little more easier now too which inowbhave very little gas pain.

Every now and again I get a little comfortable when I'm sat down or walking slowly and would suddenly move quickly and irritate my left side, but that's because I'm not thinking what imI doing!

I was on tablet form of medication immediately which I struggled with and sonetines still do now. I had asked for liquid form and they said I needed to get used to tablets.... So I have to break them up very finely so I can swallow it.

I think the worst pain for me was when I was in hospital and had the teapepd gas pain. I really really struggled with that.

But now imn feeling okay. Still the usual aches and soreness. And now I am feeling hungry it's nice to have a few tablespoons of soup or hot chocolate throughout the day

Will keep you all updated!

Thanks all for being so supportive xx

Hi all!

I am so sorry I had not replied sooner..... I hadn't because.... I managed to lose a total of 12lbs in the end on the hospital scales! And my op happened Tuesday morning!

Tuesday was a complete right off for me; I was totally zonked the whole day. My fiancé sat with me most of Tuesday afternoon and evening even though I was asleep ! So I didn't even talk to him lol .he was as just sat with me the whole to me!

Wednesday was a better day; I was more human and awake! Then is when I saw the dent on my left wisi of my abdomen and the incision marks. I found it very difficult to drink (although I was thirsty) because I had so much trapped gas. (tmi lol)

Thursday I went a little down hill and had to stay in another night .I just didn't feel right and felt quite poorly.

I went home on Friday and as I was living moving a lot more, I have had such little trapped gas pain but I can now feel my left side aching .

I only had water Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and finally felt a little hungry on Friday. So I've been having sips of thin soup and sips of juice and low calorie hot chocolate. I can finally release gas a little more easier now too which inowbhave very little gas pain.

Every now and again I get a little comfortable when I'm sat down or walking slowly and would suddenly move quickly and irritate my left side, but that's because I'm not thinking what imI doing!

I was on tablet form of medication immediately which I struggled with and sonetines still do now. I had asked for liquid form and they said I needed to get used to tablets.... So I have to break them up very finely so I can swallow it.

I think the worst pain for me was when I was in hospital and had the teapepd gas pain. I really really struggled with that.

But now imn feeling okay. Still the usual aches and soreness. And now I am feeling hungry it's nice to have a few tablespoons of soup or hot chocolate throughout the day

Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench xx

So pleased for you you are a loser now!!!!
I love hearing about how people are after their operation. Everyone is so different and it makes me wonder how I will be.
Keep sipping, sleeping walking & you will get through it all.
So jealous you have made it to the losers bench. Just remember to leave room for us soon to be losers
Happy sipping x

Yay welcome to the losers bench it all sounds perfectly normal for a few days post op your doing fine just keep on sip sip sip sip and sipping
Look forward to your updates xxx

Yeah welcome to us losers xx. Yip all sounds very familiar. :) Hun I had tablets too yuk! Just keep resting sipping and toddle when you can. :). Your doing fab xx

Hi all!

Sounds like you're doing great, just give yourself time to heal and keep sipping those fluids x

Thank you all forvbeung so kibdvshd supportive

I am now on foods like mashed baked beans and sctamblsc egg which is just devine! (I was not particularly fond of scrambled egg prior surgery. I can make Bolognese (without pasta) and cottage pie if they are pureed, which I am excited to start making! Please can you give me some food ideas on what I could possibly have? The dieticians have said pureed/ very mashed (no lumps) food and I'm strugglin for other ideas

So everything is going really well! 14 days sincw my gastic sleeve and I've lost 15 1/2 lbs.

Only issue I have is difficulty with toileting (sorry TMI) which after a lot of tears I have powder for (time being)

How is everyone getting on on their journey? Xx

Thank you all forvbeung so kibdvshd supportive

I am now on foods like mashed baked beans and sctamblsc egg which is just devine! (I was not particularly fond of scrambled egg prior surgery. I can make Bolognese (without pasta) and cottage pie if they are pureed, which I am excited to start making! Please can you give me some food ideas on what I could possibly have? The dieticians have said pureed/ very mashed (no lumps) food and I'm strugglin for other ideas

So everything is going really well! 14 days sincw my gastic sleeve and I've lost 15 1/2 lbs.

Only issue I have is difficulty with toileting (sorry TMI) which after a lot of tears I have powder for (time being)

How is everyone getting on on their journey? Xx

Sounds like your doing brilliantly babe. Try and aim for protein rich foods as long as you can blend it you can have it :) Read some of the diaries babe there’s lots of ideas on them xx

Hiya @Irene44

Yeah I'm fine thank you .I'm now on mashed/soft foods so I'm pleased about that. (wasn't a fan of purées)

I'm making sure I'm walking around but think I've overdone it as now my side really hurts like it did when I was in hospital, so I'm trying to take it easy. Like muscle pain where my 'dent' is when I move and breathe deeply

How is everything going with you?

How is everyone else doing?

Xx

Hiya @Irene44

Yeah I'm fine thank you .I'm now on mashed/soft foods so I'm pleased about that. (wasn't a fan of purées)

I'm making sure I'm walking around but think I've overdone it as now my side really hurts like it did when I was in hospital, so I'm trying to take it easy. Like muscle pain where my 'dent' is when I move and breathe deeply

How is everything going with you?

How is everyone else doing?

Xx

That’s excellent but remember to take it a little easier hunni slowly slowly wins the race :) All going well with me weight loss is steady and I’m not as dizzy also upping my calories a little too My exercise tolerance at work and out with the dog is improving. So happy with my Wee Pouch xx

Back