• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Goal weights and how you set them

Samsara

Hello everyone :)

I am just wondering how you set your goal weight - as listed in your stats. Was it based on the % excess weight loss anticipated by your bariatric team (for example mine is 60-70% excess weight loss)? Or did you set your own goal which is a higher weight loss than the percentage anticipated by the bariatric team?

I see lots of you have gone beyond your goal and I would be interested to know if this was a "realistic" goal set for you - or your own goal which is at a lower (ideal) weight.

Thank you :) x x

Well my team prediction is 11 stone, my goal is 14.5 stone. I'm currently at 10 stone. I will still be obese at my goal so if I lose more I will be happy but losing 200lb will be fantastic :) x

Well my team prediction is 11 stone, my goal is 14.5 stone. I'm currently at 10 stone. I will still be obese at my goal so if I lose more I will be happy but losing 200lb will be fantastic :) x

Sorry to ask - but are you saying that the team have predicted you will LOSE 11 stone? But your goal is to LOSE 14.5 stone? And you have so far LOST 10 stone? Thank you :) x x

My very 1st appointment 5 years ago the surgeon said he'd get me to about 18 stone from then 31 stone. I was happy beyond belief, went away did a pre op and lost three stone. Five years on I'm down to 11 1/2 stone! I never imagined it would work so well or that I'd have the will to stay with it and go with the changes. It is def possible.

I have a few deficiency issues but its a very small trade off, I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I picked my own goal based on a weight I remember being happy at. No idea if ill get there.

My very 1st appointment 5 years ago the surgeon said he'd get me to about 18 stone from then 31 stone. I was happy beyond belief, went away did a pre op and lost three stone. Five years on I'm down to 11 1/2 stone! I never imagined it would work so well or that I'd have the will to stay with it and go with the changes. It is def possible.

I have a few deficiency issues but its a very small trade off, I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Anna x.

Thank you - what surgery did you have? x

Thank you - what surgery did you have? x

Duodenal switch in two stages. 9 stone stage one and 9 with stage two. Then plastics to remove abdominal skin which completed the process.

I made my own goal weight by BMI. To be at the higher end of a healthy bmi i need to get to 168 pounds so thats what im aiming for x

Sorry to ask - but are you saying that the team have predicted you will LOSE 11 stone? But your goal is to LOSE 14.5 stone? And you have so far LOST 10 stone? Thank you :) x x

Yes sorry that wasn't very clear, my surgeon said he predicted I would lose 11 stone over all but I've already lost 10 stone in 7 and half months so I'm hoping I will beat his predictions and then some. My personal goal is 200lb which will mean I'm 11 and half stone but for my height that would mean I was still obese. So if I make it to a 200lb loss I will reset my goals. To be honest I think I just want to get to a stage where I feel I look ok and I'm not bothered by health care "professionals" saying I need to lose weight. Then I will feel happy with my weight :) x

I asked my surgeon "Is it possible that I'll get into the 10's (stones).?" He made a face and said "yes it's possible.." in a doubtful sort of way. But he's always been the type to give us lower expectations and hope we beat them, rather than higher ones and have us disappointed.

When I reached the 10s I was ecstatic. When I had lost weight previously, on my own, I had ended up at 11st 2 and thought I was a skinny minnie then! However, my weight continued on down through the 10s and I began to hope I might possibly just break into the 9s...and now here I am at 9st 3 worrying about losing too much!

I was 8st 12 when I got married. But I was 19 then and I am 64 now so I don't think being in the 8s will necessarily be a good look for me now.

My surgeon made no predictions and set no goals. At my last appointment he did say he thinks the wl will stop now though and it pretty much has !!
I set myself a goal at the top end of the healthy BMI scale . Now I've been there for a while I want to reset it a bit lower. although people tell me I have lost enough I still feel there is more to go from my belly and upper outer thighs. Everywhere else there is lose skin !
I hope NOT to lose any more from my face and boobs !!
xx

Back