• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this it for me?

emma-louise

my new life!!
I'm not far off being 2 years from having my bypass.
My start weight was 19.3 I'm now 11.5,and fitting in a size 12 bottom and 8-12 top depending on the cut.
Im extremely happy at my new size as I was a size 24/26 and being a little shortie at 5.1 height I felt so unhealthy.
Anyway at the beginning I always told myself if I got to a size 16 I would be very happy at that.
But as times goes on you want to get smaller and smaller.
Even though my clothes size is great,I'm still wanting to get into my ideal weight for my height which is just under 10stone.
Has anyone else long term found it hard to shift those last few pounds and have just stuck!
Being realistic does anyone really reach there ideal/goal weight they need to be for there height?
And does anyone know how I work out out much percentage of excess weight I've lost?
As I know the surgeons tell you your op is a success if you've lost 60/70% of excess weight.
Any comments would be great,I need to be more postive today!!
Thanks xx

I'm not far off being 2 years from having my bypass.
My start weight was 19.3 I'm now 11.5,and fitting in a size 12 bottom and 8-12 top depending on the cut.
Im extremely happy at my new size as I was a size 24/26 and being a little shortie at 5.1 height I felt so unhealthy.
Anyway at the beginning I always told myself if I got to a size 16 I would be very happy at that.
But as times goes on you want to get smaller and smaller.
Even though my clothes size is great,I'm still wanting to get into my ideal weight for my height which is just under 10stone.
Has anyone else long term found it hard to shift those last few pounds and have just stuck!
Being realistic does anyone really reach there ideal/goal weight they need to be for there height?
And does anyone know how I work out out much percentage of excess weight I've lost?
As I know the surgeons tell you your op is a success if you've lost 60/70% of excess weight.
Any comments would be great,I need to be more postive today!!
Thanks xx

My BMI is around 23 down from 51 so I am the right weight for my height
As for % of weight go to "user CP" on the green stripe at the top of the page fill in all your height and weight details and it does it for you
(you can take it off as soon as you have read it if you want to keep it private)
HTH

lamornamiss said:
My BMI is around 23 down from 51 so I am the right weight for my height
As for % of weight go to "user CP" on the green stripe at the top of the page fill in all your height and weight details and it does it for you
(you can take it off as soon as you have read it if you want to keep it private)
HTH

My bmi is at 30 now from 51,
As for % of weight,I'm on a phone and not think I can get to it.
And I'd love to know if I'm a success x

Would anyone be able to work out my % with the figures I've given?
Maths was not something I was good at while at school..lol

I work it out as about 41% (but I'm not the best at maths either so maybe someone can confirm that for you) but I'd say you certainly are a success story. Over a 100lb loss and down to a size 12, sometimes even an 8 is very inspiring. If you want to lose more though, maybe because you haven't hit the higher percentages mean you still have the possibility. Maybe someone with more experience than me can suggest some things to kick start things again. Good luck :) x

I only got a c for my maths gcse but ive just worked out that uve lost roughly 80-85% of ur excess weight which is absolutely fantantic :) Well Done you xx

Shelly marie i think you worked out the % of weight lost from whole body weight not the excess weight ;)

80-85% of my excess!!! Woohoo me!
I hope this is correct as it's made my day if so
Thanks for taking the time to work it out xx

Oh sorry you are right :) x

Im pretty sure its right, i got my calculator out n done it roughly then done it properly a couple of times. Thought it might make you feel better about what youve already lost. I read the bypass was 60-80% i think so uve done extra fantastic. Go you!!! :)

Amberleigh said:
Im pretty sure its right, i got my calculator out n done it roughly then done it properly a couple of times. Thought it might make you feel better about what youve already lost. I read the bypass was 60-80% i think so uve done extra fantastic. Go you!!! :)

If you could see me now I look like a Cheshire cat!
Thank you very much,I suppose I have done good now x

100% loss would be 130lbs so far you've lost 110lbs of that excess weight. 10% = 13lbs 8x13 = 104 or 80% the other 6lbs is just under the 5% so you've lost about 84% of your excess weight.
So fantastic effort the magic bmi number is 24.9 or below, so again fantastic steps towards that.
We may none of us get to the ideal weight without surgery as we will all be left with some excess skin which will restrict exactly how far we can get towards that magic number. Wether we choose surgery or not will be a personal choice combined with finances or funding.
I'm 5'4" now weigh 11st 5lbs (possibly less no weigh in last night as ill to confirm what my scales say) down from 19st 3lbs & bmi is around 26.5 from 44 I'm in size 10 for the most part down from 20-24 depending on styles. According to the ideal I should be between 8st 7lbs & 10st 7lbs if I get to the upper end of 10st 7lbs I will be happy the ultimate goal will be 9st 7lbs in my mind comfortably halfway between the upper & lower bounds, but think my bingo wings, flabby calves, thighs & tum areas will need to disappear as if by magic to hit the mid point or lower without surgery to hit it without I think may prove impossible or unhealthy but something I plan to check out with the dietitian on my last visit next week on my surgiversary before she hands me over to my gp's sole care.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You guys have done so well. You are 'successes'! Well done.

Well done all of you, you have all done fanastically well

Dont get hung up on numbers,if you feel good,look good and your team are happy!

penelope1008 said:
100% loss would be 130lbs so far you've lost 110lbs of that excess weight. 10% = 13lbs 8x13 = 104 or 80% the other 6lbs is just under the 5% so you've lost about 84% of your excess weight.
So fantastic effort the magic bmi number is 24.9 or below, so again fantastic steps towards that.
We may none of us get to the ideal weight without surgery as we will all be left with some excess skin which will restrict exactly how far we can get towards that magic number. Wether we choose surgery or not will be a personal choice combined with finances or funding.
I'm 5'4" now weigh 11st 5lbs (possibly less no weigh in last night as ill to confirm what my scales say) down from 19st 3lbs & bmi is around 26.5 from 44 I'm in size 10 for the most part down from 20-24 depending on styles. According to the ideal I should be between 8st 7lbs & 10st 7lbs if I get to the upper end of 10st 7lbs I will be happy the ultimate goal will be 9st 7lbs in my mind comfortably halfway between the upper & lower bounds, but think my bingo wings, flabby calves, thighs & tum areas will need to disappear as if by magic to hit the mid point or lower without surgery to hit it without I think may prove impossible or unhealthy but something I plan to check out with the dietitian on my last visit next week on my surgiversary before she hands me over to my gp's sole care.
Hope that helps.

Thanks so much confirming my % in excess weight.
I must admit I've felt rather proud of myself now for knowing this,I do feel a success now!
My weightloss has been pretty much slow and steady so my skin has coped rather well.
I've only a little loose skin on tummy area(and I can blame kids for that..lol)
And my arms arent too bad too...
I know myself I wouldn't be able to get much lower than size 12 Jean due to loose skin on tummy and tiny bit on thighs.
Thanks again for your help and making my day!

Big an Bouncy said:
Dont get hung up on numbers,if you feel good,look good and your team are happy!

Your very right x
But today It just got me thinking about excess weight and %.
I now I do feel happy x

emma-louise said:
Thanks so much confirming my % in excess weight.
I must admit I've felt rather proud of myself now for knowing this,I do feel a success now!
My weightloss has been pretty much slow and steady so my skin has coped rather well.
I've only a little loose skin on tummy area(and I can blame kids for that..lol)
And my arms arent too bad too...
I know myself I wouldn't be able to get much lower than size 12 Jean due to loose skin on tummy and tiny bit on thighs.
Thanks again for your help and making my day!

You're welcome glad it's given you a boost it's easy to get obsessed with numbers as we shrink but so near to our targets it's nice to confirm that we've done at least what they said we could & if we've done better even better. Lol

Great work! As for how hard it gets as you get near goal let me side with you...it's damn hard! But grit n determination gets you there but just not as quick as before.....my provider told me today they want me to lose 1lb to be perfect....1 bloomin pound! But I'd agreed at ww a goal which means I need 3.5lb off...either way...it's coming off...I want that ww gold card...im on a mission lol

Back