• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

going back to work tomorrow

julia in bath

Tomorrow I will be 16 days post op (band) I know most people go back to work way before now but i have been doing a very physical job. I was finding it really hard, to the point of not being able to move all evening after getting home and could only work 3 days a week. I'm sure i'll be fine but I am really nervous. What if I really can't do it?

Julia good luck for tomorrow sweetheart. Please remember that you're only 2 weeks post op and even though the outsides are healing well, you have to think of the insides. There may not have been any replumbing with your band but you have still had an op and need lots of time to recover.Take it as easy as you can Juliaxxx

julia as long as no heavy lifting involved u be ok xxx

julia as long as no heavy lifting involved u be ok xxx

hi liz, thanks for that, no heavy lifting, a hell of a lot of sweating tho so hope it will help speed up my losses!!

thanks mixman.
on another subject. just updated my stats and they look good!

Good luck hun, when ive had key hole surgery before and was frustrated as wanted to get back to work my dad said something smart: "Emma, youve had instruments inserted into your body, its like your have been deeply stabbed". Just take things easy lover.

:) xxxx

Hi Julia, Good luck at work love - take thing easy and don't over do it i was told by the nurse our inside take 6 weeks to heal after having the band so be careful & well done you weight loss is great :):):)

Last edited:
Julia, Enjoy your return to work and hope every thing goes well for you . Mia

Hi Julia
Sorry i missed last nights post hope 1st day back is going ok for you and you are not overdoing it. I've just been to docs and he won't sign me off just now but thats a bypass and i work with challenging/complex teenagers. Take it easy remember its early days yet x Ps Your stats look great x

Hi Julia, I hope the first day back at work was alright? If you feel it is too much go and see your doctor and ask for a sick note for another week. As Emma's dad said it is like being stabbed x 5, if you had been attacked and stabbed would you be going back to such heavy, sweaty work so quickly? Hope it all went well.

Rebirth

thanks for all your supportive messages. I've got to say I found work today much easier than i did pre op, i can't believe loosing 20lbs has made it that much more comfortable, perhaps it's just because i've had a little rest (3 weeks off)

Please take it easy though Julia. Don't over do it, like others have said you are only 2 weeks out so you won't have completely healed on the inside. Great that you feel so much better having lost 20 lbs already, just think how much you will have lost by Christmas, new party dress in order I think. Take care.

Please take it easy though Julia. Don't over do it, like others have said you are only 2 weeks out so you won't have completely healed on the inside. Great that you feel so much better having lost 20 lbs already, just think how much you will have lost by Christmas, new party dress in order I think. Take care.
lol, oh yes i agree will be needing a new party dress!

Hi Julia, I'm glad that work wasn't as trying as you thought it might be. It must be great having proof that your surgery has impacted on your life so quickly. Well done.

Something to make you laugh. I have been reading your thread and wondered why you did your posting in the bath? I was very concerned that you could electrocute yourself. I've just realised that you live in bath!!! Shows just how my mind works hey!

love
Rebirth

Just stopping by to say hi and pls take it easy as ur just 2 weeks post op xxx

Back