• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

back to work

newgal

Thank u all for ur help to my last question, now i am wondering if u cud help me again. How long after ur bypass did u go back to work and what is ur job ? I am a hca in a care home and thought i wud have been able to be back at work by now but can see there is no way i cud just yet, my boss is asking how much longer i am going to be off for .... thank u in advance for replies...

I had 8 weeks off (lap surgery), work in an office and struggled for the first week back, very tired but then I am getting on a bit! Had expected to be back sooner than that but had trouble with residual pains that made me think twice about going back too early. Everyone is different, just listen to what your body is telling you.

Hope this helps

Lynda

4 weeks, i work in a factory so its quite demanding, but my bosses have been good with me and put me on light duties, remember its a major op, we have thing removed and stapled and moved into places and re stichted we never thought possible so just cause u look well, too much movement etc may bring u bk down with a bump, go back when u feel better in ur self xxxxxxxxxx

Good thread.

I cant answer your question as I am pre-op but I am planning to have at least two weeks off and more if need be. I have spoken to some post opers and some go back in as little as two weeks and for others it takes several weeks. I guess your body will tell you when it is ready. Good luck.

I too am pre op but may i add, remember you have to be told your fit to drive unless you catch a bus or walk to work.... i will be having open bypass and i have already told my boss 4 weeks. I am a secretary and work 5 x 6 hours a day xx

i work in an office and went back one month after lap bypass.

I was told I could drive after 2 weeks.

I am pre-op but I have told my boss I need two weeks off, with a possibility of it being three to four. She has been very understanding about it so far, and hopefully will continue to be!!! I do have another job which I will be taking 6 weeks off from though as it is very physically demanding, and the likelihood of me having to carry/pick-up a child is far greater!!! Haven't told them yet though. Going to do it tomorrow!!

Back