• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going back to work tomorrow

Lippyloirston

Not sure what to expect. Still feeling weak at times and lightheaded but after 5 weeks at home I'm climbing the walls :eek:.

Still having problems with keeping food down so I thought I'd take the following with me to graze on through the day. Cottage cheese, fage, smash with cheese and may be some home made soup.

Can anyone suggest anything else I should/could take?

Will continue to try to eat the more difficult foods at home, but don't want to be in pain/throwing up at work;)

I went back to work today... I am still on the liquid/puree stage so took in a small bowl of liquidised cauliflower and broccoli cheese... yummy.

Good luck with your first day back.. to get me in the mood to start working again I made myself go to the swimming pool before work and swim, swim, swim followed by a sauna and a Jacuzzi.

I went back to work today... I am still on the liquid/puree stage so took in a small bowl of liquidised cauliflower and broccoli cheese... yummy. Good luck with your first day back.. to get me in the mood to start working again I made myself go to the swimming pool before work and swim, swim, swim followed by a sauna and a Jacuzzi.

Wow BeeGee you are doing remarkably well. I wish I had your energy!! Not enjoying the purée stage as much as I thought I would. I don't like the look or texture but I will persevere. Just had some plain yoghurt which I must have eaten too quickly while watching news. Not nice consequences. That will teach me to concentrate on my eating. On the plus side I'm finding moving around easier so must have lost some weight. Keep up the good work.

I'm back today too Beegee.
I was told no swimming for 4 weeks. I Might have to question that as I feel it would be fine x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Not sure what to expect. Still feeling weak at times and lightheaded but after 5 weeks at home I'm climbing the walls :eek:. Still having problems with keeping food down so I thought I'd take the following with me to graze on through the day. Cottage cheese, fage, smash with cheese and may be some home made soup. Can anyone suggest anything else I should/could take? Will continue to try to eat the more difficult foods at home, but don't want to be in pain/throwing up at work;)

Sorry to hear you are still feeling weak. Are you getting enough protein do you think? X

Lippy

I was the same not so much light headed but weak feeling.

Plenty of fluids, protein before anything else and multi vits.

I was struggling at your stage to get protein in so bought some protein water off the Internet as a stop gap.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

G

I went back to work today... I am still on the liquid/puree stage so took in a small bowl of liquidised cauliflower and broccoli cheese... yummy.

Good luck with your first day back.. to get me in the mood to start working again I made myself go to the swimming pool before work and swim, swim, swim followed by a sauna and a Jacuzzi.

Wow Beegee, swimming before work I'm impressed! I'll be delighted if I can make it till 5pm! X

Sorry to hear you are still feeling weak. Are you getting enough protein do you think? X

No probably not, but I'm trying. Can only manage very small amounts of food, and protein unfortunately never seems to stay down :cry:

Lippy

I was the same not so much light headed but weak feeling.

Plenty of fluids, protein before anything else and multi vits.

I was struggling at your stage to get protein in so bought some protein water off the Internet as a stop gap.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

G

Thanks G, I'll have a look into protein, I'll give anything a go at the moment. Cheers.

I have whey protein shake from myprotein.com. It really helps to boost your protein and because you make it with milk it gets you through some if your milk quota too. X

Protein shakes from myprotein.com are fab!!! :)

Good luck x

Well been back at work a week now, and although tired, managing well I think. Feeling very positive tonight, first evening meal I haven't thrown up in a week. So happy. Seeing my surgeon tomorrow, can't believe it's been 6 weeks already. Hope everyone is doing well :) x

So glad you are feeling better and things are looking up for you x

Back