• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Returning to Work

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
How quick did you go back to work and drive after your bypass.

I'm bored already being at home in the same four walls, and I'm not even week post op.

My company has told me to take four weeks off, I am going to go insane.

I'm going back to work tomorrow. My surgery was June 8th. I honestly don't feel I could've gone back any sooner. It's more the lack of energy than anything else. I'm concerned about getting through an 8-10 hour day!!!
As for driving, first time post op for me was Friday just gone. Again, wouldn't have felt comfortable any sooner, even though I've been up and about walking since 4hrs post op.
I know the boredom's a killer, but so are those unexpected twinges you get from pushing yourself too soon.
xXx

Dont rush back mate,rest up and you will reap the benefits later.Start planning your wardrobe and chucking the big stuff out!Do gentle exersize when able a little everyday.

Im lucky cause I am a sales manager, my company are happy for me to do as much or as least admin work while I am home, as I want too. No pressure from them, so might have another week off, and then do a little admin each day and see how that affects me.

Back